When I try to activate it says “connection problem”

Joe R

All of a sudden my nitro pro is no longer activated.  Nothing has changed at this end.  When I try to activate it says “connection problem” which is strange since I have a good internet connection.  Doing a manual activation I paste in my serial number and I get a screen that claims to have a pre-generated certificate, but the box that should contain the certificate is blank.  I just want to get back to work with the product I paid for long ago.  Talk about lost productivity‼

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Joe R,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

In order to further assist you, could you please provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro?

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Joe R,

Thank you for the private message.

I have gone ahead to check its status in our licensing server and I can see you activate your Nitro Pro 13 last December.

What build of Nitro Pro are you working with? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 13.X.X.X, e.g. 13.2.3.26) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Joe R

Our sincere apologies for your frustrations.

I have created a support case yesterday in your behalf and it seems that the initial response I sent through that ticket did not reach your inbox or it may be delivered to a spam/junk mail folder. Could you please check your Spam / Junk folder if my email went there?

If you cannot find it anymore, our email filters may have blocked it so please provide an alternative email (e.g. Yahoo or Gmail) in order for me to forward email there.

Again, my sincere apologies and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

On 8/4/2020 at 8:14 PM, Joe R said:

All of a sudden my nitro pro is no longer activated.  Nothing has changed at this end.  When I try to activate it says “connection problem” which is strange since I have a good internet connection.  Doing a manual activation I paste in my serial number and I get a screen that claims to have a pre-generated certificate, but the box that should contain the certificate is blank.  I just want to get back to work with the product I paid for long ago.  Talk about lost productivity‼

I have the same problem with my Nitro 13, from one day to the other it lost the activation...

Please help!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Jan Lueers,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To further assist you, let us try some troubleshooting by referring to these steps:

1. Clear the content of the directory under C:\users\your_username\Appdata\local\temp. For whatever reason, not all temp files automatically remove themselves and is NOT usually caused by Nitro Pro files. Kindly note Appdata folder is hidden and to unhide it, please refer to this article https://cybertext.wordpress.com/2012/05/29/cant-see-the-appdata-folder/ 

2. Download and run our Clean Up utility to uninstall your Nitro Pro:  http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13220414/install-cleanup/install-cleanup.zip

NOTE: This clean-up tool will erase any existing signature files within Nitro so please save them to another location before using the clean-up tool in order to keep them. Please see this link for backing up custom stamps/signatures: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/stamps/000004307 

3. Clear all your downloads folder or delete all downloaded Nitro installers. This step is important because we noticed that if you are saving all the installers and you download them in the same folder (like the downloads folder), the EXE can pick up any MSI installer in that folder and you may pick-up one of the older builds instead of the newly downloaded package.

4. Download and install Nitro Pro 13.22 using below offline installers:

x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13220414/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x86.msi
x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13220414/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x64.msi

If you are not sure which to pick, this will help: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/64/000003790 

5. After installation, you can activate by opening Nitro Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate by entering your serial number

Hello AllainU,

Thank you very much for your help! I followed the steps and after some 15 minutes I had my Nito Pro 13 reinstalled and reactivated...

Greetings from Germany!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Today I had to activate my Nitro Pdf again. I followed the steps that were suggested two weeks ago and everything is fine again.

Do I have to activate every two weeks in future?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hi @Jan Lueers,

Thank you for this information and my apologies for the inconvenience.

Now that you have the latest build of Nitro Pro 13, the program should retain it license.

If you had to reactivate today, are you aware of any changes that happened on your machine (e.g. Windows Updates)?