I installed nitro 10 pro but nitro print to pdf not showing

Citara Helpdesk

Citara Helpdesk

I am wondering if anyone on the boards has ever seen a symptom like this, and if so what they were able to do to correct it.

I have an end user who cannot create PDFs using the Nitro Pro 10 interface.     They are running Nitro Pro 10 version 10.5.9.14  on Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit, Service Pack 1.  

There is no error message, Nitro Pro 10 just fails to send the document through the Nitro PDF Creator (Pro 10) virtual printer and no PDF is created.  It is the same behavior whether we attempt to drag and drop a Word document into Nitro Pro, or choose “Create PDF” from the menu and select the file manually.

There is a progress bar that appears and disappears quickly, but the PDF is not created and does not open in Nitro Pro.

On a whim I tried opening a document in Word then choosing print, then selected the Nitro PDF Creator (Pro10) as the print device.  This worked properly: the document was sent through the virtual printer (I watched it go through the print queue which I opened before starting the print job), and the PDF file was created.  So this tells us the virtual printer is working properly but the software is either failing to send to it when it needs to, or something else is blocking it.   

I have already tried: uninstalling Nitro Pro 10, using the cleanup.zip tool found on the KB, rebooting, and reinstalling the latest version recommended for print spooler problems: 10.5.9.14

Is there a config file or registry entry that needs to be edited to tell Nitro how to use the PDF Creator properly?   Has anyone else experienced issues with other software blocking the sending of a document to the PDF Creator ?

Anyway - thanks for reading and  and any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Citara Helpdesk
accuracy / formatting

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Citara Helpdesk,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

This is not how it should behave and it is the first time I've seen this issue.

Kindly repair your Nitro Pro via the Control Panel > Programs and Features. Please reboot your computer before and after running this repair to ensure that there are no ties to Nitro still active in the background (refer to this article: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/repair/000001641).

I hope this helps!

• 2 years later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Taher53,

Before continuing, please be aware that Nitro Pro 11 or older are already discontinued as documented in our Sunset Policy: https://www.gonitro.com/support/sunset-policy . With that, support for the discontinued versions are no longer available.  

As a courtesy, could you please provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro 10? This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

Dear Team,

I am not able see nitro pdf creater in Nitro 10 pro kindly provide the solution on it ASAP.

Edited by Taher53

• 4 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Taher53,

Nitro Pro 8 was developed, released and then eventually discontinued prior to Windows 10 being released (July 2015) which is why there is no compatibility from the get-go. It has been discontinued as documented in our Sunset Policy: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/sunset-policy 

Could you please send me a private message and provide its serial number?

I would like to check if this version can be upgraded to Nitro Pro 13 with a discounted rate through our Upgrade Portal.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.