Problems printing edited File

Hans Henninger

Hans Henninger

Hello,

since last Thursday I'm experiencing the following problem: I'm editing a PDF by writing text to it and want to print it. In the printing preview the text is not displayed although it is in the document. When printed, the text is not there either. If I save the file before printing it has no effect on the error, still no text in preview or on printed document. 

When I open the edited file with Microsoft Edge, the text is displayed and also printed on the document.

Can anybody help me?

I already updated Nitro Pro 13 to the latest version available on the homepage but it had no effect. Restarting Computer was not successful either.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards

Hans

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Hans Henninger,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Could you please confirm the build of your Nitro Pro 13? The latest build at this point is 13.22, you can check this information by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro.

Also, is this issue happening to any document you open in Nitro Pro?

If you create a new document (File > New) then place a text in it, does the same issue occur? If yes, could you please send a copy of this file so I can test it on my end? 

Kind regards, 

Hans Henninger

Hello @Reymund G.,

just tried it with a completely new file. Same Problem. Build is 13.22.0.414.

How can I send you the file?

Kind regards

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Hans Henninger,

You can send me a private message then attached the files that you were using. I will use them and test on my Nitro Pro 13.22.
To send a private message, mouse hover to my profile then click the 'Message' link.

Kind regards, 

Hans Henninger
On 8/24/2020 at 11:37 PM, Reymund G. said:

Hi @Hans Henninger,

You can send me a private message then attached the files that you were using. I will use them and test on my Nitro Pro 13.22.
To send a private message, mouse hover to my profile then click the 'Message' link.

Kind regards, 

Hi, 

did you receive the file? 

Kind regards 

Hans 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Hans Henninger,

I opened your file on my Nitro Pro 13 and I was able to see the '189' text when I do a print preview. Please see screenshot below. 

Please try to repair your Nitro Pro installation through Windows Control Panel > Programs and Features then see if it helps addressing the issue. Here's the link on how to repair Nitro:
https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/repair/000004603 

image.thumb.png.f16608e13cc136c6f57c5ffbd1369a00.png

Kind regards,

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Hans Henninger,

Does this issue happens to any printer you used in Nitro Pro? If you try to use the Nitro PDF Printer as the printer, does the issue persists? 

Could you please try that and let me know if the issue is isolated to a particular printer or it happens to any printer selected in Nitro Pro. 

Kind regards, 

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Hans Henninger,

I recommend to perform a clean uninstall using our cleanup tool. This will remove all traces of Nitro Pro and the process is different compared to the usual uninstall process of Windows. 
I have outlined the steps below:

1. Download the Nitro cleanup tool from the link below:
http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13192356/install-cleanup/install-cleanup.zip 

2. Extract the cleanup utility then run the cleanup tool by double-clicking nitro-cleanup.vbs. A command window will appear during the cleanup process.

Note: This cleanup tool will remove all traces of Nitro Pro including your customize stamps. If you have customized stamps, please refer to the link below about how to transfer/backup stamps:
https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase/#/search/stamp/000004307 

3. After the cleanup, restart the computer. 
4. Install Nitro Pro 13.24 by downloading a new installer from the link below:

https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads - Click the 'Download Nitro Pro 13' link. 

5. Once Nitro Pro 13.24 is installed, activate it by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate. Enter your version 13 serial number then click on Activate. 

I hope these steps resolved the issue with the print preview when selecting any printer on your Nitro Pro.