Cannot add image to document with layers/fields.

Nicholas Scott

Nicholas Scott

I have been sent a document that contains fields and a layer. I'd like to insert a picture, however, when I attempt it I get a warning, "This document contains layers which prevent from using the object editing tool. Do you want to remove all layers an continue editing this document?" I can either choose "Cancel" in which case the picture comes in but I cannot manipulate it for size, rotation, etc. or "Yes" and the layer is removed, I lose the fields, but can manipulate the image. How do I insert a picture in a document with layers so i can manipulate the image? Create a layer with the picture? How would I do this?

Nitro 11 Pro. Win 10

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Kaiso,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I understand that you are having an issue editing layers in Nitro Pro. Nitro has the ability to view and switch layers on/off, however, it does not have the ability to edit individual layers. When the Edit tool is used, a popup message 'This document contains Layers which prevent from using the object editing tool. Do you want to remove all Layers and continue editing the document content'  will be displayed. Once the Ok button is clicked, the layers in the file are then merged/removed so Nitro can edit the file.

Kind regards, 

Nicholas Scott

I'm not sure you are understanding my issue.  I want to put a picture into a pdf document that already has fields on a layer. I don't want to remove the layer, and I don't want to edit the fields. I just want to insert an image in a blank area of the page and size it to fit. Is this possible in Nitro?

Edited by Kaiso

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Kaiso,

When you insert an image (Review tab > Add Image) on a document with a layer in Nitro Pro, the same notification window will appear ('This document contains Layers which prevent from using the object editing tool. Do you want to remove all Layers and continue editing the document content'). When you hit the Cancel on that notification window, the image will be inserted (at the center of the page), however, you will not be able to move the inserted image as this requires an editing workflow. 

Any forms of edit on a document with a layer in Nitro Pro, will generate the mentioned notification window. It is not possible to add an image on a document with a layer in Nitro Pro unless the layers are removed by clicking the Ok button from the notification window. 

image.png.86a8b9442f4895cee5cb26bb0783a714.png

Kind regards,