CUSTOM STAMPS SAVED TO WHERE ANSWERED

Stormtigers

Greetings all - new to Nitro after using Acrobat X for so long but being very disheartened by parts of it.

THE INFORMATION IN HERE MAY BE/PROBABLY IS IN ANOTHER POST BUT AS IS USUAL IN FORUMS THE INFO IS NOT EASILY LOCATED

In my job I often review documents and wanted to use a variety of stamps to show the results of my review.

I created a whole swag of custom ones only to have Nitro crash on the stamp management screen and loose the lot.

So Important Points

Save you doc and exit NITRO PDF !!!!!  This will  ensure that your custom stamps are written to disk

But where you ask ? Well from what I have read it changed around a bit in differing versions.

In my case the STANDARD NITRO STAMPS (PAID, CONFIDENTIAL etc are stored in this directory "c:\ProgramData\nitro\pro\13\stamps\"

Here you will find a text file  nitro_stamps.cnf and nitro_stamps.pdf

Your CUSTOM STAMPS are stored separately elsewhere

In my case "C:\Users\Ray\AppData\Roaming\Nitro\Pro\13\stamps\"

Here you will find a text file user_stamps.cnf and user_stamps.pdf

So if you want to make sure you don't loose them copy these files somewhere safe so you can copy back in if you need to !

Just one more idea I have tested and appears to work perfectly well !

I WANTED TO MAKE MY STAMPS A PERMANENT THING, AS IN REPLACE ALL THE EXISTING NITRO STAMPS WITH MY OWN.

Quite simple to do. got to the initial directory I mention above ("c:\ProgramData\nitro\pro\13\stamps\") and rename the two files with for example -old extension.

IMPORTANT YOU DO THIS SO YOU CAN RECOVER IF NECESSARY  - DON'T DELETE THEM

So nitro_stamps.xxx becomes nitro_stamps-old.xxx (both files).

Copy the two custom stamp files from the appropriate directory ("C:\Users\Ray\AppData\Roaming\Nitro\Pro\13\stamps\").

Rename them nitro_stamps.xxx  (so user_stamps.cnf BECOMES nitro_stamps.cnf  &  user_stamps.pdf becomes nitro_stamps.cnf

Next time you open NITRO your custom stamps have become the standard stamps shown.

BE AWARE THAT YOU CANNOT EDIT THEM AS STANDARD STAMPS. 

IF YOU NEED TO CHANGE ONE YOU WILL NEED TO DO A MODIFICATION TO THE CUSTOM STAMP , SAVE AND EXIT AS NORMAL AND REPEAT THE ABOVE PROCESS

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ken

Basically you can use anything as a custom stamp be it graphic or text.

I have added specific words on 200 page aviation reports to remind me to check specific details or that I have checked and confirmed already.

In the EXAMPLE (A)  below I used a graphic meme and used it at the end of a report as well as two size of a customised text

You can size them to suit your needs as required. Unfortunately your limited to one line only but that can be quite long if it really needs to have lots in it.
or you can generate a graphic text yourself  EXAMPLE (B) over mutliple lines and insert the graphic rather than using the "text" function.

By using this latter method you could also put fields for people to initial time and date when they are completing the process your stamping off ! 

Hope this helps

Ray

EXAMPLE (A)

nitro-sample.jpg

EXAMPLE (B)

nitro-sample3.jpg