File menu shortcut keys not working

John Santos

Suggestion

I've seen this on one of the forum posts already earlier ... and wondering if this has been fixed already or if there is a free update to fix this on my install, or if i need to enable some kind of setting?

I am using Nitro v13.15.1.282

When i use simple shortcuts that the vast majority of programs use perfectly, such as:

file > save    (ALT +  F + S)   -

file > print   (ALT + F + P)

They do not work in Nitro ... even if it hints that this SHOULD work ... because when you click Alt F, the FILE menu appears, and "tooltips" with "shortcut letters" appear as well. 

This is rather frustrating for someone who is busy ...even though I know most other functions of NITRO do work most of the time

Thanks

2 replies to this suggestion

• Official Nitronaut

Hi @John Santos,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Nitro Pro has a set of default shortcut keys specific for Save and Print. 
Save has a default of Ctrl + S while the Print is Ctrl + P. These shortcut keys can be modified by going to the More Commands in Quick Access Toolbar. Please see the screencast below:

The Alt + F shortcut key is for the Search function in Nitro Pro. The shortcut keys will tell you if the key combinations you used is being used or not. 

There are other functions that do not have a shortcut key but they can be customized based on your preference. 
Please note that you can only use two keys when assigning shortcut keys. 

Kind regards, 

Hi ... thank you for sharing the shortcut keys.

I am now using them already and they are helpful.

I am just hoping / wondering / checking to see if there is a fix for the other way i was describing, where in you use the ALT key, then go to F then use the shortcut keys suggested by the tooltip to access the said command.

It seems to work with the other menus except the "FILE menu" which i know is quite basic and may just have been overlooked in the version i have.  That feature makes what is an otherwise very good program seem "unpolished"

Thank you and hope there is a solution to this