Error code: 0x00000000

Julia Mäuselein

Julia Mäuselein

Dear all 

I just purchased and installed Nitro Pro.

When trying to open any PDF I receive the following message:

The document .... could not be opened. Please contact Nitro Support for assistance. Error code: 0x00000000

I tried to repair the app, de-install and re-install it and tried to open several documents. Nothing worked.

Please help.

• Official Nitronaut

Hi @Julia Mäuselein,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Please provide the following information so we could troubleshoot the issue: 

1. The version of Nitro Pro installed on your computer. This can be located under Help tab > About Nitro Pro. 
2. Are the files being accessed from a network/shared drive or directly on your local drive like desktop? 
3. has this issue occurred since after installing Nitro Pro?
4. The serial number you used to activate the software. You can send this information through private message (mouse hover my profile then click the 'Message' link)

Kind regards, 

Julia Mäuselein

Hi Reymund

thanks for reaching out to me. Here my answers to your questions:

1. The version of Nitro Pro installed on your computer. Version 13.24.1.467, tried Version 12 as well
2. Are the files being accessed from a network/shared drive or directly on your local drive like desktop? Tried both. Usually files need to be accessed from a shared drive but even if they are located locally on the desktop I receive the same error notification.
3. has this issue occurred since after installing Nitro Pro? Yes, when opening PDFs with Adobe there is no issue.
4. The serial number you used to activate the software. You can send this information through private message (mouse hover my profile then click the 'Message' link) Sent via PM

BR
Julia

I have the same error here. Nitro Pro 13 cannot open any pdf.

The error occurs on two licensed PCs, and it does not matter if the file is on the local computer or in the network.

Nitro Pro 13 is updated to the last version (today's version 13.26.3.505). I've full reinstalled even using the cleaning tool provided by gonitro.

Note that it works if I execute Nitro Pro with privilege user.

Best regards

Pablo

• Official Nitronaut

Hi @Pablo Pascual,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Could you please confirm if you were able to open a PDF file when you execute Nitro Pro in Administrator mode?
If still getting the same issue, please generate the support tool log on your Nitro Pro. Open Nitro Pro then navigate to Help tab > Support Tools. Under Support tab, click Save to File then save the file. 

You can send me the log file through private message along with your Nitro Pro serial number. (mouse hover my profile then click the 'Message' link)

Kind regards,

Julia Mäuselein

Hi Reymund

what about my issue? It is still not resolved. I purchased your product and am not able to use it. I ask for immediate help please!

Thanks and regards

Julia

• Official Nitronaut

Hi @Julia Mäuselein,

My apologies if I have missed your private message. I was able to check on it and there's another information that I would like to request from you. Could you please generate the support tool log of your Nitro Pro installation? I need this log to check your Windows profile username. 

To generate the support tool log, please open Nitro Pro then navigate to Help tab > Support Tools. Under Support tab, click Save to File then save the file. 

Kindly send me the log file through private message along with your Nitro Pro serial number. (mouse hover my profile then click the 'Message' link)

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Pablo Pascual,

I've responded to your private message along with my findings. The error has been seen on Windows Profile with special characters on it. 

During my test, the error message did not occur on Nitro Pro 13.16 build. 

Please check your inbox (in this forum) and hopefully the steps work for you. 

Kind regards, 

Julia Mäuselein
On 9/29/2020 at 5:09 PM, Reymund G. said:

Hi @Julia Mäuselein,

My apologies if I have missed your private message. I was able to check on it and there's another information that I would like to request from you. Could you please generate the support tool log of your Nitro Pro installation? I need this log to check your Windows profile username. 

To generate the support tool log, please open Nitro Pro then navigate to Help tab > Support Tools. Under Support tab, click Save to File then save the file. 

Kindly send me the log file through private message along with your Nitro Pro serial number. (mouse hover my profile then click the 'Message' link)

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

Hi Reymund, 

I responded to you via PM last Wednesday. Please inform me on the next steps.

Thanks.

Julia

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hello @Julia Mäuselein,

I have responded to your message along with the steps on troubleshoot the issue. Could you please check your inbox on this forum and let me know if you still don't find it?

Kind regards,