Activation error -23

Reg

I am not able to activate my license (error -23) after using the support tool to deactivate licenses.  This is my second post attempting to get this issue resolved.

Edited by Reg
  • I agree 1

• Official Nitronaut

Hi @Reg,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

An adjustment has been made on your Nitro Pro license. Please try to activate again and it should be working now.

Kind regards,

• Official Nitronaut

Hi @David Kindle,

My apologies if you are experiencing an issue activating your Nitro Pro installation. 
I have adjusted your license so you could proceed with the activation. 

Please try to activate again by going to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate. Enter the serial number then click on Activate.

Kind regards,

I have same issue.  Crashed computer and on Windows reinstall Nitro PDF Pro would not activate.  Followed wizard, and attempted to deactivate and then got 'Select which Devices' error but no explanation of what this means or any entry box.

Also cannot start new topic on this forum as form greyed out.

Please help

On 10/2/2020 at 2:08 PM, Bill Beale said:

I have same issue.  Crashed computer and on Windows reinstall Nitro PDF Pro would not activate.  Followed wizard, and attempted to deactivate and then got 'Select which Devices' error but no explanation of what this means or any entry box.

Also cannot start new topic on this forum as form greyed out.

Please help

Some more information to clarify.  I did manage to deactivate, so then went to activate.

Got a screen headed. 
There was a connection issue.
If you use a proxy server to connect to the internet, click 'Proxy' to check your setup.

Not using a proxy server so followed script and clicked 'Manual'

Entered license number from the cleverbridge email dated July when I paid for Nitro Pro

Next screen headed Instructions

Step1. Copy the pre-generated certificate from below.

There is nothing to copy.

Step 2 Open http://www.gonitro.com/activation  on an internet-enabled device ...

The link is not active on the form, so try another window.

A screen opens with the heading

Activation Certificate

It has an empty box underneath followed by some flag icons.  There is no option for anything else.

I am in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike...

I can forward the receipt email to verify my payment if you provide an address.

Please help.  This is not fun anymore.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Bill Beale,

The activation failure seems to be caused by the error message 'There was a connection issue'.
Could you please try the following steps then see if it will let you proceed with the activation?

1. Download Nitro cleanup tool from the link below:
http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13192356/install-cleanup/install-cleanup.zip 

2. Extract the cleanup utility then run the cleanup tool by double-clicking nitro-cleanup.vbs. A command window will appear during the cleanup process.
3. After the cleanup, restart the computer. 
4. Install Nitro Pro 13.26 by downloading a new installer from the link below:

https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads - Click the 'Download Nitro Pro 13' link. 

5. Once Nitro Pro 13.26 is installed, please check if it executes and opens successfully.
If it does, activate it by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate. Enter your version 13 serial number then click on Activate.  

Kind regards,

• 6 months later...
David Kindle

let than a year later.   it deactivates the product..... and no longer activates again.    seems they want to force you to pay again.  even though I already paid!!!   now I get error 24.  

uninstalled.  reinstalled. blah blah.   they have it locked so only way to fix it is to get them to do something on their end.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @David Kindle,

My apologies if you are experiencing an issue activating your Nitro Pro. 

Our activation servers for older versions of Nitro Pro were retired, thus any new activation or deactivation attempts on these versions will no longer work. The old serial numbers were migrated to the upgraded activation server.

To resolve this activation issue, please install Nitro Pro 12.16.9.574 by downloading the installer from the following location: 
https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads - Click the ' Download Nitro Pro 12' link

Once that specific build of Nitro Pro 12 is installed, activate it by going to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate. Enter your existing serial number then click on Activate.

Kind regards,