Florence

florence chau

florence chau

Hi, 

I would like to move a nitro license from an old laptop to a new laptop but it is Nitro 7. I can not find the link on the website to download previous builds. Are you able to send me the download link please?

thanks

Florence

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @florence chau,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Nitro Pro 7 was developed, released and then eventually discontinued prior to Windows 10 being released which is why there is no compatibility from the get-go. It has been discontinued as documented in our Sunset Policy: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/sunset-policy 

Aside from known issues and bugs found in older versions, there are also security vulnerabilities present in it and for this reason, access to the Nitro Pro 7 installer is no longer available.

Nitro offers a discounted upgrade price on older version of Nitro Pro licenses. 
You can upgrade your version 7 license to version 13 through our upgrade portal - https://www.gonitro.com/support/upgrade 

Please let me know if you have any further questions. 

Kind regards,

Edited by Reymund G.

florence chau

Hi

Thanks for letting me know. In that case, i have another license number for Nitro pro 8 that is on an old laptop which i can deactivate using the portal online but can you please provide the download link for nitro pro 8?

thanks

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @florence chau,

Nitro Pro 8 is also discontinued. You can check the discontinued version on this link https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/sunset-policy. With that, access to the Nitro Pro 8 installer is no longer available.

If feasible, you can upgrade these discontinued versions to a new one with discounted upgrade price, through our upgrade portal https://www.gonitro.com/support/upgrade

Kind regards,

florence chau

Hi

What if the nitro 8 is on an old laptop and we want to move that to the new laptop and upgrade on the new laptop? Would you suggest we upgrade on the old laptop and then deactivate there and reactivate on the new laptop?

I also have a list of licenses we have purchased for around 20 staff members all ranging from Nitro pro 6-12 as they joined at different years and everyone is due to move onto a new laptop. Are you suggesting we need to pay for an upgrade on every license? Is there anything you can offer for a bulk?

thanks

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @florence chau,

When you upgrade your license to a new version, you will receive a new serial number and this is the license that you should use on the new computer. No need to deactivate the old license since you've obtained a new license (after the upgrade).

Could you please provide all your Nitro Pro serial numbers through private message so I could check on it?  
To send a private message, mouse hover my profile then click the 'Message' link.

Kind regards, 

Edited by Reymund G.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hello @florence chau,

I checked my inbox and for some reason, I did not see a message coming from your account profile. Would you be so kind to send it again?

Thank you.

• 5 weeks later...
florence chau

Hi, 

I have spoken to the account manager for our company and based on our requirements, it is advised we purchase license updates via the discounted upgrade link you provided. I wanted to double check with you, if we did upgrade someone to Nitro13 and we didn't purchase the VIP access or 'product updates' options, are we able to deactivate and activate the Nitro13 from an old laptop to a new laptop (for example, if an employee leaves the business and we want to move that license to a new machine for a new employee). 

We previously used the activation portal to do this but i have read on the Nitro website that this is no longer possible once we upgrade to Nitro 13? 

thanks