Highlight Area (Non-Text)?

Terrance Kallenbach

Terrance Kallenbach

I have both Nitro Pro and another pdf program by another company.  In the other one, the highlight feature can be used to highlight text or to highlight any selected area.  I often need to highlight things on scanned documents that I don't need or want to OCR (even if it did work well, which it doesn't).  Is there a way in Nitro Pro to highlight a selected area that does not contain recognizable text?  Nitro is superior in every way, but I've been having to do my highlighting in the other program, save it, and then finish my work in Nitro, because I couldn't find a way to do this highlighting in Nitro.  

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Terry K,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

An alternative workaround to the Highlight tool when working with non-text information on your document, please refer to this steps:

1. Pick a highlight shape of their choice under the Review > Shapes.
2. Create a selection using the Shape tool.
3. Go into the properties of the Shape and under appearance choose the Line and Fill Color, and change the opacity to 50%.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.

Terrance Kallenbach

Okay, sounds good, thank you.  I was hoping there might be a one-step way hidden in there somewhere.  This is at least probably easier than using two different programs, so I will probably switch to this method.  I know this isn't the right forum for this, but FWIW a "highlight area" feature would be a really great thing to consider adding.  Thanks again.

• 1 year later...

Dear sirs,

I had recently faced same issue and, comparing to foxit reader, for instance, it allows highlight of a certain area, keeping all information on what's behind (as in text highlight).

Will it be available in Nitro pro ?

The alternative that is being mentioned with 50% opacity is not the same and partially hides what's underneath.

Thank you, kind regards.