Quicksign signature background is not transparent white

Seecott

I purchased a couple of licenses of the Nitro 12. I noticed when adding new signature to Quicksign, the signature background retain the dark/grey shade from my signature picture file. I also have an old version of the Nitro Reader that would help remove the background dark/grey shade. How can i get my Nitro 12 to do the same as the Nitro Reader? Or this is feature no longer available? Thanks.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Seecott,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Could you please describe how did you create your QuickSign signature in Nitro Pro? Is it From File then you uploaded an image?
If so, what is the file type of the image (.jpg, .png, .bmp)? 

In QuickSign, the image file will be uploaded as it is. The manage QuickSign window does not have the option to change the attributes of the image. Even if the signature is already placed on the document. 

You may try uploading your Signature as Stamp, as this feature has the option to change the image appearance such as color and opacity. 

Kind regards,

6 minutes ago, Reymund G. said:

Hi @Seecott,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Could you please describe how did you create your QuickSign signature in Nitro Pro? Is it From File then you uploaded an image?
If so, what is the file type of the image (.jpg, .png, .bmp)? 

In QuickSign, the image file will be uploaded as it is. The manage QuickSign window does not have the option to change the attributes of the image. Even if the signature is already placed on the document. 

You may try uploading your Signature as Stamp, as this feature has the option to change the image appearance such as color and opacity. 

Kind regards,

Hi Reymund,

Thanks for the reply. 

I am uploading a .jpg file for the signature to QuickSign Manage Signature.  I know the dark/gray shade background is from the picture file.  I took the picture of the signature from a white paper using my iphone.  The dark/gray shade is the shadow from taking the picture.  The reason I ask is because I also have an old version of Nitro Reader installed (probably 2012).  This Nitro Reader will automatically remove the dark/gray shade background of the signature when I add the file in QuickSign Manage Signature.  

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Seecott,

The Nitro Pro QuickSign does not have the option to change the image attributes of the signature. 
What you could do is to edit the image of your signature first using an image editing software before uploading it in QuickSign. 

Or, you may try the Stamp as a signature since it has an option to change the image appearance like color and opacity.

Kind regards,

17 hours ago, Reymund G. said:

Hi @Seecott,

The Nitro Pro QuickSign does not have the option to change the image attributes of the signature. 
What you could do is to edit the image of your signature first using an image editing software before uploading it in QuickSign. 

Or, you may try the Stamp as a signature since it has an option to change the image appearance like color and opacity.

Kind regards,

I'm not familiar with "Stamp as a signature".  Is "Stamp as a signature" a feature in Nitro Pro?

I end up googling and found http://www125.lunapic.com/editor/?action=transparent to make the signature background transparent.  This sort of accomplish what I need with extra steps involved.  However, I don't understand why the old Nitro Reader version automatically clear the signature background but Nitro Pro does not.  I see this as a step back in feature availability.  The main reason I was aware of Nitro Pro was finding/using the free version of the Nitro Reader signature.