Dead hdd cloned to sdd cant activate

Rod Ireland

Hi, 

I tried deactivating my license and reactivating it on a new SSD, it says "originally licensed on a different computer" but nothing has changed except the disk.

How can i get this rectified?

Thanks

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Rod Ireland,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Could you please provide your Nitro Pro serial number so I could check its activation records?
You can send it through private message (mouse hover my profile then click the 'Message' link)

Kind regards,

Hi Reymund

I have the original Nitro PDF professional 6 packet with CD-ROM with the number 234600-xxxxxx-xxxxxx  Batch:1xxxxxADU ID:xx

Regards Rod

Edited by AllainU

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Rod Ireland,

The activation portal shows that it has 0 number of activations. You check this as well by going to https://licenses.gonitro.com/prd/portal then enter your serial number.

If you have successfully installed Nitro Pro 6 using the installer from the CD-ROM, try to activate it again using your serial number.

Kind regards,

Hi Reymund,

I have tried uninstalling the program and re-installing from the CD-ROM and it won't open at all. I just get an error which says "Originally licensed on a different computer" and I'm not even given the opportunity to put my serial number in.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards Rod

Hi Reymnd

I am having no luck at all trying to reactivate the license on my Nitro Professional 6, the link you sent me says "Sorry. You may only deactivate 0 devices."

It shows the serial Number 234600-xxxxx-xxxxx, Version 6, Status active, Number of activations 0, Number of Activations Allowed 2, I click on Deactivate, and the Sorry. you may only deactivate 0 devices, shows up. How do I reactivate this program?

Regards Rod 

Edited by AllainU

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Rod Ireland,

Using our license portal, your serial number shows it has 2 available seats to activate a Nitro Pro 6 installation. This means there is no need to process a deactivation through the portal because there's no active number of activation.

Were you able to install Nitro Pro 6 using the installer from the CD-ROM? If yes, what happens when you activate the software using your serial number? Can you share a screenshot?

Kind regards,

Hi Reymund, yes I know I have 2 available seats, I have tried to re-install the program from the cd-rom however, when I try to run the program, I see this error message. After I click on "OK" nothing else shows. 

I have no option to put in a serial number at all. Please advise on how I should proceed. 

Thanks
pW1Kw8d.png

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hello @Rod Ireland,

Since you have the installer Nitro Pro 6 installer on a CD-ROM, you may try to re-install it. But this time, uninstall Nitro Pro first on your computer by running our cleanup tool. This tool will remove all traces of Nitro Pro and the process is different compared to the uninstall process of Windows. Here are the steps:

1. Download Nitro cleanup tool from the link below:
http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13192356/install-cleanup/install-cleanup.zip 

2. Extract the cleanup utility then run the cleanup tool by double-clicking nitro-cleanup.vbs. A command window will appear during the cleanup process.
3. After the cleanup, restart the computer. 
4. Install your Nitro Pro 6 using the installer in the CD-ROM.

5. Once Nitro Pro 6 is installed, try to activate it using your version 6 serial number.

Kind regards,