After Upgrading to 13, Now very slow

Kimberly Byrket

Kimberly Byrket

I recently upgraded to 13 and now my nitro is very slow, often freezes and I also no longer have the previewer in Outlook. I have done repairs, uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing is working.  I work with PDF's all day and this is really putting a damper on my productivity.  

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Kimberly Byrket,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

In order to further assist you, could you please provide the following information:

-Is this a new issue or has it occurred since after installing Nitro Pro? Any changes you are aware of before this happened (e.g. Windows Updates)?
-Build of Nitro Pro are you working with. You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 13.X.X.X, e.g. 13.2.3.26) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
-Does this happen with every file? If it is a single file, please send us the sample file (with sensitive information extracted) by sending me a private message so I can replicate it on my end. 
-Where are the files saved (local, a shared drive or an external drive) you are working on? Can you check if you have the same slowness issue when the file is saved locally?
-Is the program very slow when performing a specific workflow (e.g. opening, converting, running OCR, or redacting)?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Kimberly Byrket

This only started after installing Nitro Pro 13. The build is 13.30.2.587.  It will freeze with every file but the one I have sent you is really bad.  It is stored on my local hard drive. The issue with this particular form is it takes for ever just moving between each fillable section. On other files it will freeze for a minute or two just scrolling through the document.  

• 4 weeks later...
Steve Puddicombe

Kinmberly / AllainU

Exactly the same problem here too, running 13.16.2.300.  Have recently upgraded from Nitro 10 where it worked perfectly.  The same document in v.13 freezes, zooms out slightly to overfill the screen, when it does come back (eventually after 1-2 mins) if you scroll down or click a command it hangs again.  In this state it is unusable.

Other issues on this version is with a UHD screen the text quality is awful.  It improves with changing programme compatibility settings to HDI but the icons on Nitros start page are now illegible.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Steve Puddicombe 

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Since you are still working with an older build, we highly recommend updating to Nitro Pro 13.31 using below direct MSI installers:

x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13310605/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x86.msi 
x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13310605/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x64.msi

To know if you have 32-bit or 64-bit, please refer to this article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/15056/windows-32-64-bit-faq

Hi @Kimberly Byrket,

Thank you for your response and my apologies for the delay.

Could you also please update to Nitro Pro 13.31 to see if that will help?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Kimberly Byrket,

I would love to have a copy of the PDF file you are working so I can perform some tests on my end.

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.