Scan Document Storage

John Bouchard

John Bouchard

Hello,

Having trouble determining where Nitro stores a document that is scanned. From the main menu I select PDF->From Scanner-> Print Quality-> SAve And Scan. I do not use OCR and I slect Open after creation.

I am using a Brother Printer/Scanner. The document seems to scan-in OK (on the scanner) but it doesn't open following the scan, nor can I determine where the document resides

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

John B

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @John Bouchard,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide the following?:

-Is this a new issue or has it occurred since after installing Nitro Pro? Any changes you are aware of before this happened (e.g. Windows Updates)?
-Build of Nitro Pro are you working with. You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 13.X.X.X, e.g. 13.2.3.26) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
-What is the exact model of your Brother printer/scanner? Do you have the latest software/drivers installed? Any idea if you have TWAIN or WIA driver installed? 

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

• 2 years later...

I tried different applications, but came to the conclusion that everything is individual. It's up to each individual to find the app that best suits his or her individual goals, tasks, and technique.

It stores the scanned documents in a centralized location, so you don't have to go searching all over the place. Plus, you can access it from anywhere, and it's super user-friendly.

On 2/13/2023 at 7:47 AM, Casl Robens said:

It stores the scanned documents in a centralized location, so you don't have to go searching all over the place. Plus, you can access it from anywhere, and it's super user-friendly.

I feel your frustration on this one. Have you tried using some scanning software like Smart Engines? It's automatic, eco-friendly, and has OCR capabilities which might help you with your issue. It stores the scanned documents in a centralized location, so you don't have to go searching all over the place. Plus, you can access it from anywhere, and it's super user-friendly. Give it a shot, you might just find that it's exactly what you're looking for. Just a suggestion, but it might be worth checking out.

• 3 weeks later...
leticia bott

One thing to try is checking the default save location for scanned documents in the Nitro software. You can usually find this through File > Preferences > Convert > Default Destination Folder.

aniya cervantes

Try doing a search on your computer for the filename or file type (.pdf). It's possible that the file was saved in a different location than you expected.

aniya cervantes
On 3/13/2023 at 12:07 PM, aniya cervantes said:

Try doing a search on your computer for the filename or file type (.pdf). It's possible that the file was saved in a different location than you expected.
Additionally, you can use a document verification service like idanalyzer.com to ensure that your scanned documents are authentic and valid. It's always a good idea to take extra steps to protect your important documents.

Ups for some reason not full text posted