Errors printing Xerox scanned PDF files

CTC Support

In an effort to move away from Adobe Acrobat Pro, my client just purchased 10 copies of Nitro Pro. They have four large Xerox copiers and scan files to PDF frequently. When they go to print these files back to the Xerox using Nitro Pro, the documents print so poorly they are of no use. Most of the information is missing on the page and what is there is very blurry. They print fine to small local HP Printers. PDF files generated elsewhere (not from scanning in on the Xerox) print OK via Nitro. Adobe Acrobat Pro has no problem printing the same PDF files regardless of how they were created or where they are printed.

The Xerox copiers are set to use a Xerox Global Print Driver PCL. I have tried changing to the PS Xerox Global Print Driver but this did not fix the issue.

It seems like a niche problem but it's pretty critical to this office's operation. Any thoughts?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @CTC Support,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Have you tried opening a PDF file using Nitro Pro > File > Save As > Flattened PDF and then printing it again? I'm curious to know if that would make a difference.

If flattening before printing did not help and for me to better assist you on troubleshooting this issue, could you please provide me with the following?:

-What build of Nitro Pro your customer is working with? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 13.X.X.X, e.g. 13.2.3.26) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
-The serial number of their Nitro Pro program
-The exact model of their Xerox copiers
-Does this happen with every file or with specific files? If it happens with just specific files, do they have anything in common that you're able to identify (for example, do they contain images or are they created outside Nitro Pro)? Can you also provide a sample file (with sensitive information extracted if needed) so I can replicate it on my end?
-Would it be possible to also provide a scanned copy or a picture/screenshot of the "distorted results / blurry" after printing?

To send them via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

Hello @AllainU,

I'm responding to your questions regarding my forum post. This information was sent in a DM to you on 12/2/20. I'm replying to this public post as well with the attachment and S/N redacted.

Nitro Pro 13.30.2.587

S/N (sent via DM 12/2/20 2:35 PM EST)

Xerox Copier models - AltaLink C8070 (two of this model), AltaLink C8045, VersaLink C7025

I'm awaiting client feedback on your suggestion: "Have you tried opening a PDF file using Nitro Pro > File > Save As > Flattened PDF and then printing it again? I'm curious to know if that would make a difference."

Attached is a 4-page document (sent via DM 12/2/20 2:35 PM EST). The first two pages are the document, printed properly via Nitro to a local HP printer. The second two pages are the same document printed via Nitro to the Xerox copier. All four pages were then re-scanned on the Xerox copier and attached to this post.

The problem is encountered when a Xerox scanned document is printed to a Xerox copier via Nitro Pro.

• Nitro Pro can print the same files to small desktop HP printers without issue.
  • Adobe Acrobat can print the same files anywhere without issue.
  • I have tried changing from a Xerox Global PCL driver to a Xerox Global PS driver but the problem persisted

It's a weird issue but important to this law office's operations. They hope to migrate from Adobe Acrobat Pro to Nitro Pro and purchased 10 license recently.

Thank you for the assistance!