Editable fields issues

Melissa Philip

Melissa Philip

Hi @AllainU,

I have created an editable Nitro document (via Word), with editable text fields.  However, clients are complaining that when they try to input text to the fields, the text types over the top of each other.   So, they'll type a letter, but the cursor won't move forward and the next letter just types over the top of the first letter.

I believe it has something to do with clients using other PDF programmes, but its a real issue - any suggestions are most welcome.

• 11 months later...
Melissa Philip

Hi @Allain Umailin

I contacted you about this in December last and Im having the same issue:  I've created an editable pdf document in Nitro, but when I email it to clients and they open it within another PDF software, the letters/fonts types over the top of each other. Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this please?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Melissa Philip,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order to further assist you, what build of Nitro Pro are you working with? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is  12.XX.X.XXX, e.g. 12.16.9.574) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Lastly, please send over a copy of the source Word file and the resulting PDF file.

To send them via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.