change the date format to European

KenCarn

Allain, I need to change the date format to European from US format. The knowledgebase tells me a I need to do this via 'My Account' and as noted above the 'Nitro Sign'  tab does not appear for those with a single user licence. How can I then change this format?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue as Ken above. Other forum posts, and a knowledgebase article about changing the date format, instruct as follows:-

Log into Nitro Sign > click on your initials in the top right > My Account > select 'Nitro Sign' in the menu on the left > click on the Date Format selection box > select 'Day First' > Save

However, when I follow the above and click 'My Account', there are only three options - 'Summary', 'Connected Apps' and 'Support'. There's no option for 'Nitro Sign' in the left menu. Is there anywhere else I can change this setting? US date formats can be confused in the UK / Europe.

Edited by Craig Nock
Removed erroneous text formatting

• 1 month later...

Some of our employees are having exactly this issue too.

I am a little different though ... I don't have the menu option, but my date formatting is as per my computer's settings ... very strange! And annoying.

Mouse UK Limited
On 2/22/2021 at 1:15 AM, Financial Officer said:

I'm having the same issue, there's no option for 'Nitro Sign'. Does anyone else have a solution for this problem?

Hi Financial Officer. After several emails back and forth to Nitro Support, they tell us that this is not available when using the desktop software. We have found however, that you can change the date format when adding the field to your pdf before signing.

Hope this helps?

Neil

14 hours ago, Mouse UK Limited said:

Hi Financial Officer. After several emails back and forth to Nitro Support, they tell us that this is not available when using the desktop software. We have found however, that you can change the date format when adding the field to your pdf before signing.

Hope this helps?

Neil

I am not sure what you mean by desk top software ... I am not using desktop software. I am accessing Nitro Sign via a browser.

By change the date format do you mean you are overwriting the date? This isn't changing the date format. We are signing documents. This needs to be correct.

It isn't that simple though. When I drag across the date field, my date field appears in the Australian format ... dd/mm/yyyy. When my coworker, who sits next to me, and has the same computer, same software etc etc, drags the date field over, it appears in US format ... mm/dd/yyyy.

Roxy.

Mouse UK Limited
On 2/26/2021 at 12:07 AM, NitroRoxy said:

I am not sure what you mean by desk top software ... I am not using desktop software. I am accessing Nitro Sign via a browser.

By change the date format do you mean you are overwriting the date? This isn't changing the date format. We are signing documents. This needs to be correct.

It isn't that simple though. When I drag across the date field, my date field appears in the Australian format ... dd/mm/yyyy. When my coworker, who sits next to me, and has the same computer, same software etc etc, drags the date field over, it appears in US format ... mm/dd/yyyy.

Roxy.

Here's the process - Open a PDF in Nitro (this is the desktop software) and click 'Request Signature'. Log into Nitro Sign and add the receivers name and email address. Insert the date field to your PDF and you then get the option to change the date format in the dropdown box. This format becomes the default.

Hope this helps.

(It's a shame Nitro Support cannot help customers instead of us all relying on each other to sort issues)

Neil

• I agree 1

On 2/27/2021 at 8:45 PM, Mouse UK Limited said:

Here's the process - Open a PDF in Nitro (this is the desktop software) and click 'Request Signature'. Log into Nitro Sign and add the receivers name and email address. Insert the date field to your PDF and you then get the option to change the date format in the dropdown box. This format becomes the default.

Hope this helps.

(It's a shame Nitro Support cannot help customers instead of us all relying on each other to sort issues)

Neil

Thanks Neil! This works. You don't need to use the desktop software to initiate the change, though. You can just do it from within Nitro Sign, but as you pointed out you need to do it from within Request Signature, not from within Sign.

• Thanks 1