Product Update query - full license or product update each year?

John Weir

I have bought the four license pack and took the Product Update option. When my year anniversary is up next year, can I continue to renew the Product Update for circa £25/£30 for each license to get the latest version and do the same each year going forward? Just wondering about costs going forward or if I want to have the latest version going forward do I need to buy new licenses each year?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @John Weir,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Product Updates include items like bug fixes, enhancements, and security updates. This is why we recommend that you are always running the current build of the software.  To find the latest the update for your particular version of Nitro Pro please visit this link:  https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads 

With regards to Product Upgrade, it is when a newer version of Nitro Pro is purchased. An example would be upgrading from Nitro Pro 10 to Nitro Pro 11 (same with Nitro Pro 12 to Nitro Pro 13). In order to have Product Upgrade so that you are entitled to free upgradesto Nitro Pro 14 upon its release, you must also purchase four VIP Access for each of your Nitro Productivity Suite.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.

@AllainU

Many thanks for getting back to me, that is helpful, however I still have a couple if you could kindly assist please: 

1) Can I purchase the VIP access now to bolt on to my licenses that I recently purchased?

2) I would like to understand my recurring yearly costs if we use the product long term as I need to include with my budget. I would always want to aim to be using the latest Upgrade and the latest Update of that Upgrade. What do I have to buy each year going forward to make this happen?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @John Weir,

Yes you can purchase VIP Access to bundle with your Nitro Pro 13 by accessing the one-time URL that just sent you privately.

With regard to your second question, I would like to clarify that if you will buy VIP Access for Nitro Pro 13, it will entitle you for a free upgrade for the next release of Nitro Pro 14 (no ETA yet on its release).

Please note that your VIP Access for Nitro Pro 13 is only for free upgrade to Nitro Pro 14, not for Nitro Pro 15 and the next succeeding versions.

Should you have further questions, please do not hesitate to reach-out again.

@AllainU thanks for the private message with the link. 

If you would be so kind, I would still like to get an understanding of costs in future years. When Nitro Pro 16 comes around for example, will I able to buy a VIP Access per license for circa £53 to get Nitro Pro 16? I understand that the pricing may change over time but I am trying to get an approximation of ongoing costs.

Many thanks for your help so far. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @John Weir,

As much as we would like to, pricing for future releases are not available to everyone.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and my sincere apologies if I am not much of help for this inquiry.

Hi @AllainU

Ok, again thanks for the response. I think I have found the answer I need in your frequently asked questions:

https://www.gonitro.com/support/frequently-asked-questions 

What is Nitro VIP Access™ and how can I add it to my subscription?

• Individual online customer

Nitro VIP Access is available as a £53.00 add-on at time of purchase and is valid for one year, with the option to renew annually. Individual customers can also choose to add Product Updates separately for £26.41 at time of purchase. The SLA for individual customers with Nitro VIP Access includes a 24-hour first-response time via email (phone support is not included).

So, according to this I can renew the VIP access each year for circa £53 (price rise depending of course) for each license. As long as I have the VIP Access I am entitled to get product 'upgrades' each year e.g. if the version is updated from version 16 to 17 further down the line. 

https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase/#/search/update/000004130

Update Vs. Upgrade

If you have a valid VIP customer license you can upgrade free of charge through the following link: www.gonitro.com/support/upgrade