Nitro Pro 12 - Error 401 when opening a PDF

Josh D

Hello,

Recently re-added the licence on my software as it had gone back to a trial status and it was then working fine.

However this week it has started to prompt an error message that states:       "An error has occurred within our system. Please try again or contact support if the error persists. (Error 401).

The version of the software is: 12.16.0.574

The device is running Windows 10 64bit and the NitroPro is licenced. It happens on every file that's opened.

I've seen comments regarding running the .msi installer but wanted to confirm what I should do in this situation.

important note that when you click OK, it does open the file and after a few seconds works as normal.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Josh D,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order to further assist you, could you please open your Nitro Pro 12, confirm the error message, logout from Nitro Sign at the upper-right corner of the program, close then relaunch Nitro Pro, reset your Nitro Sign password and re-login Nitro Sign? How did it go?

Also, I would love to know the serial number of your Nitro Pro 12 in order to check its current status in our licensing server. To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Hello, thanks for the response.

It seems just the process of siging out of the Nitro Sign and then signing back in has caused the issue to go away, if it does come back i'll let you know and do all the steps.

Thanks for your assistance on the issue.