Data Breach

jay@jaysel.com

jay@jaysel.com

Were Nitro going to inform us that they have had a data breach in September 2020? 

Certainly I have only just found out that my details have been exposed by Nitro, from a third party!

Breach:

Nitro

Date of breach:

28 Sep 2020

Number of accounts:

Compromised data:

Email addresses, Names, Passwords

Description:

In September 2020, the Nitro PDF service suffered a massive data breach which exposed over 70 million unique email addresses. The breach also exposed names, bcrypt password hashes and the titles of converted documents. The data was provided to HIBP by dehashed.com.

javier.valencia@vtgonline.com

I just found out about the breach through Firefox protection. Hard to believe Nitro would not notify affected users all this time. I cannot do business with a company so cavalier about security.. Please cancel my account ASAP.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @jay@jaysel.com,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

I have forwarded your question to Incident@gonitro.com

Our Incident response team will reply to your inquiry.

Thank you and stay safe always!

I have also had a warning from Firefox monitor that my data has been stolen from Nitro.

I stopped using it about 4 years ago. Not even sure what has been stolen.

Can you tell me?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @javier.valencia@vtgonline.com,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and our sincere apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.

I have forwarded your request and initiated your data deletion with our Security team. Please allow up to 30 days for all your data to be deleted from our platforms.

If you want to know more about this isolated incident, here is the link for more details, latest updates and action plan in-place by our IT-Security team:  https://www.gonitro.com/nps/security/updates#security-incident-update

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and stay safe always.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Desmond Soar,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I believe our Incident Response Team have reached out to all affected users, however if you were not notified, our sincere apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.

To know more about this isolated incident, here is the link for more details, latest updates and action plan in-place by our IT-Security team: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/security/updates#security-incident-update 

Should you have further questions, feel free to send a direct email to our Incident Response Team through incident@gonitro.com

Again, our sincerest apologies for this inconvenience.

Thank you and stay safe always!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Doug Hinsley,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I believe you are referring to our Nitro Pro program that you have stopped using for about 4-years already and this isolated incident is related to our free online conversion service.

To know more about this incident, here is the link for more details, latest updates and action plan in-place by our IT-Security team:

https://www.gonitro.com/nps/security/updates#security-incident-update 

Should you have further questions, feel free to send a direct email to our Incident Response Team through incident@gonitro.com

Our sincere apologies for this inconvenience and stay safe always!