Checkbox Issue, Needs to be resolved ASAP!!

Sophia VosKnudsen

Sophia VosKnudsen

Help, quickly please!

I have a form with lots of checkboxes, here are the two issues:

- In one section the checkboxes do not appear at all when the box is clicked on however properties do not seem any different from the checkboxes that do work

- In another section clicking on just one box causes checkmarks to appear in multiple boxes. Again, can see no differences from the functioning checkboxes

• Official Nitronaut

Hello Sophia,

Thanks for posting in our forums!

So that we can troubleshoot the problem, please provide me with the following:
- The file you are working on so we can test
- What exact version of Nitro you are using (You can retrieve this information by going to the Help tab> About Nitro Pro.)
- The exact steps you are taking
- A screen shot of what you are seeing or any error message you are receiving

I look forward to your response.

Sophia VosKnudsen

Good morning Leslie,

How do I send you the file? How do I attached a screenshot? I am on version 13.16.2.30.

The form was sent to me to correct. The steps I took to 'correct' it was to change the name from '0', or the number it was labelled, to 'CheckBox#'. After they seemed to be working correctly. 

No error messages.

Thank you

• Official Nitronaut

Hello Sophia,

If you still need our assistance with the file, you can attach it here when you log into the Community Forums. You can also send me via direct message or send a link to a Cloud drive where the file is saved.

Also, the latest build is Nitro Pro 13.35, you can get the update from here: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Sophia VosKnudsen

Good morning Leslie,

I already sent you a private message the previous week, with screenshots and the file attached to it. Any updates?

• Official Nitronaut

Hello Sophia,

To make sure checkboxes are visible, please right click on the check box you wish to edit, then click on Properties. Make sure the Form Field is set to Visible under Common Properties in the General Tab.

ssss.jpg.8426ec33e86e3db0284566afd52233cc.jpg

Checkboxes (and form fields in general) will behave the same way when they are named the same. Entering text on a text field will copy the same text on the other text fields with the same name. Checkboxes with the same names will be ticked if you tick just one of them. To avoid this from happening, please ensure each checkbox has a unique field name. 

ss2.jpg.74693df60e2433d13a98236aa4395ff1.jpg

Please let me know if you have other questions.

Sophia VosKnudsen

Thank you for a reply however the check boxes in the form were labelled as Visible. It doesn't explain why they weren't showing up.

For the names, will the checkboxes still work if they are named after numbers, such as '0' or '2' or do they need to be labelled as 'CheckBox0' or 'CheckBox2'?