License Check for v13.

Brian Watson

Brian Watson

I just upgraded from v11 to v13 for one user as a test. I used the msi and I now have version 13.35.3.685 installed. I was able to activate it with my new key.

I downloaded the latest version of LicenseCheck.exe for v13 and tried to run it on this new install and I got a DLL error.

"The procedure entry point ?sync_to_remote@YAXPEAVCNxASFile@@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program FIles\Nitro\Pro\13\acrobat_compat.dll. "

Is there a version of LicenseCheck that runs with this version? I did run an older version of LicenseCheck that I had for v13 and it does run but prints out what looks like and encrypted license key - is this the expected behavior in v13?

Thanks

Brian

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Brian Watson,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In Nitro Pro 13, the following .dlls are required when running the License Check Tool:

metrics.dll
NitroPlatform13.dll
npdf.dll

These dlls can be located inside the Nitro Pro 13 installation directory - C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro\13
Please make sure that these dlls are present on the same directory of the License Check tool.

Also, if your Nitro Pro 13 installation is on 64bit, please ensure that you use the 64bit License Check tool. Below are the direct download links of Nitro Pro 13 License Check tool:

Nitro Pro 13 32bit LicenseCheck tool - https://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13353685/license-check/x32/LicenseCheck.exe 
Nitro Pro 13 62bit LicenseCheck tool - https://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13353685/license-check/x64/LicenseCheck.exe

I have recorded a screen-cast to demonstrate the use of License Check tool on a Nitro Pro 13 installation. Please see the link below:

Kind regards,

Brian Watson

Reymund,

Thanks for your response.  I have all those dlls - I can run an older version of the LicenseCheck but when I run the version on the download site the error comes from dll acrobat_compat.dll - you might want to fix this. It seems from the video that LicenseCheck under v13 does not print out the license key like the versions under 11 and 12 do and there is no way to find the full license key that the software is licensed with as you only see a partial key in the help screen. Is this correct? 

Thanks

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Brian Watson,

The About Nitro Pro window (found under Help tab of Nitro Pro interface) will not display the complete serial number. This is to protect the license from being stolen. The 

Please be aware that you cannot use the License Check tool of version 11 to a version 13 installation. Also, the output of the License Check tool will not display the serial number, it will only show the Hostname, Nitro Computer ID and the state of activation. 

Please check first the version of your Nitro Pro installation and if it is 32bit or 64bit, once verified, use the appropriate License Check tool. 

Kind regards,