Freezes and have to force quit when trying to start editing large ArcMap document

Kevin McGee

Kevin McGee

For part of my work I create map sets in ArcMap and when I try to start an edit with Nitro, I get a message saying:

"This document contains Layers which prevent from using the object editing tool. Do you want to remove all Layers and continue editing the document content?" 

A few months ago there were no issues, the document would freeze for a few seconds and then be editable. Now it's completely unable to start an edit on files created from ArcMap that are over 75+ pages, and takes several minutes to load smaller documents before I can edit, and if I click the program while it's loading I have to force close it try again.. I've just let it sit and spin the little loading wheel for 15 minutes multiple times so it's not just that it's processing or something. It will still edit other documents completely fine.

I've updated the program, and have two computers each with it's own pro license and it is the same issue on both computers so it isn't the computer that is the issue.

Anyone else having an experience like this? Again, I've used this to edit large ArcMap documents for two and a half years now with no issues. It's absolutely necessary for my job so I tried a trial of a certain other pdf software and it had no problem starting an edit immediately, but I'd really like to not have to pay a subscription for that. 

Kevin McGee

I should add that I have already updated to latest version, ran the repair tool multiple times, and restarted both computers with it having no effect whatsoever, and I don't have VIP so any support attempt I make just reroutes me back to the forums and faq.