License Reactivation on New Computer or Operating System Reload

Jake Rodriguez

Jake Rodriguez

Hello,

I have two questions regarding license reactivation, I hope you can help me.

1. Can I reactivate my license if I try to reload my computer's operating system. For example, if I try to perform a wipe and clean installation if Windows 10.

2. In a scenario where I made major hardware changes in my system, motherboard, hard drive, etc. Will I still be able to reactivate my single license on the new system, disregarding the old one.

Regards,

Jake

• Official Nitronaut

Hello Jake,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

If in the future, you would like to move your license to a new computer, or plan on reformatting your computer, I suggest you deactivate first by clicking on: Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate > Deactivate. This will allow you to reactivate on another computer.

We would recommend always maintaining a list of this Nitro Pro-specific computer ID for each corresponding user so that in the event a computer breaks down or you forget to deactivate prior to replacing a machine, you can contact us with this ID and we can then remove its activation on our end.

Please let me know if you have other questions.

Jake Rodriguez

Hello Leslie,

Thank you for the clarification. You mentioned in Nitro Pro-specific computer ID. By computer ID, are you referring to the name of my computer or hostname of the machine?

Thanks again for the reply.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Jake Rodriguez

When it comes to activation and the records we keep our logs are based on a computer ID which is generated and stored exclusively within Nitro Pro's user interface. We are unable to see the computer names/IDs that you are using for the machines internally. You can find this ID on each machine by going to Help > About Nitro Pro > Activate/Deactivate > Advanced.

Please let me know if you have other questions.