Jump to content

QuickSign No Longer Seems Secure


Recommended Posts

Chase Barfield

I had NitroPro on a different computer. I believe it was version 11. I deactivated and moved it to a new computer. This time I installed version 12.

On the other computer, after I did a QuickSign, it had an "Apply" type function. When you clicked on it, it made the signature part of the document. You could not edit or move it. And you could not click on it to activate it and then right click and copy it.

Now, when I do the QuickSign, the signature remains in a state where whoever opens it can simply click on it to activate and right click or CTRL + C / Command + C and copy the signature.

This is a lot less secure. Is there a way to re-enable the function that makes the signature no longer "editable" after it is placed on the document?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Chase Barfield

Thank you for the response. Am I to understand that the previous, very simple way, is no longer available?

Link to post
Share on other sites
RyanW
On 3/22/2021 at 12:48 PM, Chase Barfield said:

I had NitroPro on a different computer. I believe it was version 11. I deactivated and moved it to a new computer. This time I installed version 12.

On the other computer, after I did a QuickSign, it had an "Apply" type function. When you clicked on it, it made the signature part of the document. You could not edit or move it. And you could not click on it to activate it and then right click and copy it.

Now, when I do the QuickSign, the signature remains in a state where whoever opens it can simply click on it to activate and right click or CTRL + C / Command + C and copy the signature.

This is a lot less secure. Is there a way to re-enable the function that makes the signature no longer "editable" after it is placed on the document?

 

I noticed this, but it seems once the file is saved the quicksign is 'burned in' like you'd expect.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Chase Barfield
8 hours ago, RyanW said:

 

I noticed this, but it seems once the file is saved the quicksign is 'burned in' like you'd expect.

 

Thanks RyanW. That was my main concern was that it is burned in. Perhaps it was editable by me because I was signed into NitroPro and it recognized I was the one that placed it there in the first place.

Link to post
Share on other sites
RyanW
18 hours ago, Chase Barfield said:

Thanks RyanW. That was my main concern was that it is burned in. Perhaps it was editable by me because I was signed into NitroPro and it recognized I was the one that placed it there in the first place.

 

I am reasonably sure that even after you save it, you cannot edit your own 'burned in' signature.   I'll have to tinker.

 

  • I agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Chase Barfield
On 3/25/2021 at 11:26 AM, RyanW said:

 

I am reasonably sure that even after you save it, you cannot edit your own 'burned in' signature.   I'll have to tinker.

 

Let me know what you come up with and I will do the same. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.