unable to start correctly 0xc000007b

Richard Redford

Richard Redford

A pro   11 user upgraded to pro 13.  Initially wouldn't install read discussion and processed a clean install inc running VB script, it then loaded.  Went to launch on completion the 0xc000007b popped up and pro 13 never launched.  Tried clean up with 64bit upload link same error on launch.  Used VB script to clean old Nitro installs and reload pro 11 which worked.  From a clean start including wiping Download directory retried pro 13 64bit version still same error.  Researched internet and followed 11 step process to remove 0xc000007b.  Error never appeared before only since pro 13 install and only with that install!  Still appears after clean install with no problems and at the final stage where the install launches the programme.  I've not managed to open pro 13 yet and I've purchased restoro to try to resolve the matter without success.  Currently I've cleared my hard drive of all old pro installs and wiped clean the Download directory.  I'm using a Lenovo ideapad running Windows 10 home x64 operating system with 8Gb RAM and have 47Gb free space on my hard drive.  Hope you can help.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Richard Redford

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Please try removing Nitro Pro 13 completely using the MS Fix it tool: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed-cca7d1b6-65a9-3d98-426b-e9f927e1eb4d

Then, ensure you have the latest Nitro Pro 13 update installed: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

If you are getting the same error, please let me know so we can troubleshoot further.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello Richard,

Sorry to hear that! 

1. Is this a 32 or 64bit system? You will need to run the appropriate Nitro installer for your OS architecture.

2. Ensure any available Windows Updates have been installed (and completed).

3. Please re-install the latest .NET framework

4. Run the Nitro installer with Administrator privileges

5. You may also benefit from running chkdsk

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Richard Redford

Carried out all processes suggested and thank you for the advice sadly it still didn't work.  I took the gargantuan step of a fresh windows 10 install and I've now managed to get it to work and am carefully re-adding all parts and checking pro each time to find out which (if any) causes issues.

Thanks for the support.