Adobe Signature causes conversion error

Frank Demarest

Frank Demarest

I have about 1500 PDF files to OCR. Most PDFs are scanned pages, the OCR works well. Some PDFs are text, OCR quietly copies them. But some PDFs are text with Adobe Signatures, these cause an error that is not listed in the batch log, only listed in one small popup, once for each problem file: "... is restricted or has limited access to some features."  Nitro has no problem opening these files, they have two little black flags outside the margin, "This document is signed" and "This document contains fillable form fields".

Any suggestions how to better handle dozens of files like this? (Please consider this as an bug fix request!)

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Frank Demarest

Thanks for your message!

So that we can troubleshoot the problem, please provide me with the following:

- A detailed description of the issue you are experiencing
- A sample file we can test
- What exact version of Nitro you are using (You can retrieve this information by going to the Help tab> About Nitro Pro.)
- The exact steps you are taking
- A screen shot of what you are seeing or any error message you are receiving

I look forward to your response.

Frank Demarest

- Detailed description of issue is in prior posting.

... But some PDFs are text with Adobe Signatures, these cause an error that is not listed in the batch log, only listed in one small popup, once for each problem file: "... is restricted or has limited access to some features."  Nitro has no problem opening these files, ...

- Sample file. (There seems to be no way to attach a file?) Here is a link to a file with that issue: 2016-008_-_DRB-16-01_Preliminary_Subdivision_Review_(HR016).pdf (underhillvt.gov)

- Version: Nitro Pro 12.0.0.112

- Exact steps:  I do File-->Batch Processing-->Create OCR Searchable, and attempt to add that file (local file) or a folder including that file.

- When I attempt to add that file, I get the message described above. (There seems to be no way to attach a screen shot?)

• Official Nitronaut

Hello Frank,

The digitally-signed file that you provided is a locked file. Making any changes to the file is not allowed, this is the reason why the batch OCR fails.

lckd.thumb.jpg.79fade3d18911a5b0d95eca22eb5effa.jpg

Also, you are on an old build of Nitro Pro 12. Please install the latest Nitro Pro 12 update: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

Please let me know if you have other questions.