Type text is not working in Nitro Pro 11 or 13 versions

randiyager

randiyager

when i select "type text" and try to add text to a scanned pdf no characters show up.  The curser moves like it is recognizing my text but there is a red squiggly line under where text should be but no text? I have reinstalled Nitro Pro 11 and I am trying Nitro Pro 13 and it has the same problem.  I have rebooted several times and no luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Marie,

I don't know what the problem was.  On the Nitro website there was a link for me to upload Nitro 12 at no cost so I removed my Nitro 11 and uploaded the Nitro 12 and it solved the problem.   I spent two days trying to solve the problem and even looked for other programs but I am most familiar and comfortable with the Nitro.  I wish there was a easy chat we could have with the technical support but I did solve the problem by the upgrade.  I think the problem started after a Windows 10 update but I am not sure.

Scott Hwang

Hello.

I am also finding this extremely frustrating. In Nitro Pro 13, my typed text is invisible. Changing font color does nothing. The cursor moves as I type. When I try quick sign, the signature appears briefly then disappears.

Scott Hwang

In regard to my problems mentioned above, Nitro Pro seems to work with a new blank document. I can see typed text and I can draw. The pdf I was trying to edit was previously edited with Adobe Acrobat. The only edit was an "X" placed in a check box. Nitro Pro identified the presence of "layers" which it could not handle. I indicated my desire to remove the layers and continue editing. Edits were completely invisible as mentioned previously. When I try editing the original document which had not been edited with Adobe, editing, typing, and drawing with Nitro Pro seems to work. It would be helpful to have Nitro Pro more compatible with Adobe Acrobat since documents edited with Adobe are common.