Nitro Po 10.5.8.44 pauses / hangs frequently

Rob

Andrew DeMaio

11.0.7.411 did not help with this issue either. Can we at least get an acknowledgement of the issue and what is being done to resolve it?  I am sick and tired of being yelled at by my boss about this issue and him telling me what a dope I am for recommending this program.

Nitro Support advised me on 1 Dec that they had finally escalated my ticket to the next level of support, and that they'll be in touch as soon as possible.  11 days and counting...

Andrew DeMaio
On 7/27/2017 at 5:43 AM, Kelvin V. said:

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for posting on our community forums!

I have read the whole thread and I understand everyone here is having a similar 'pausing/hanging' issue. Here's the thing, there are a number of different possible causes for this. To name a few:

1. Opening files from a network location

2. Large files / file-specific 

3. Document History

4. Nitro Pro Quick Start Guide

5. Nitro Cloud plugin

6. Antivirus or Firewall

We need to narrow down the root cause that's why we ask users to submit a support ticket. We try to get files, do some testing, ask probing questions (ex. about their machines/environment/number of users affected) and try to replicate since this does certainly not how it should behave. 

You may submit a support request here:  www.gonitro.com/support/ticket

One of our Technical Support Reps should be able to assist you.

P.S.
If you have an opened ticket and you'll go on leave/holiday and won't be able to respond, please inform the TSR. The automatic closing of tickets are system generated. They close after several days of inactivity (no response from client's end).

Let's address all of these bogus reasons one by one.

1. Network Locations: False.  I have tried copying files to my local workstation.  The freezing still occurs.

2. Large Files: Adobe, Nitro's main competitor, handles large files fine.  This is just an unacceptable excuse.

3. Document History: Not really sure what this is supposed to mean.  Freezing occurs with documents made directly with Nitro.

4. Quick Start Guide: Already turned it off.

5.  Nitro Cloud Plug--In: That disappeared a while ago, so we don't have it.

6. Anti-virus: Tried turning it off, made no difference.

• 1 month later...
Andrew DeMaio

Support took some more log-in from my computer last week.  We'll see what happens.  They also did the Troubleshoot Compatibility and changed the compatibility to Windows 8.  The program still freezes, but you do not get Not Responding grey windows or the blue circle while it is freezing.

• 2 weeks later...
Andrew DeMaio

We have some workstations that got the Fall Creator's Update, and holy cow, Nitro has gone from being annoyingly bad to outright unusable, ready to throw the friggin' computer through the window bad.  This is ridiculous.  Opening the program takes minutes instead of seconds.  It takes minutes to be able to change to any of the ribbon menus, or the file menu, or the print menu, etc.  

I also tried the Windows 8 compatibility mode, that makes it even worse.  I have files where as soon as the page moves, the whole thing freezes, every time.  The measuring and drawing tools all become completely useless and unusable.

That patch needs to get published NOW!!!!!  Nobody should be leaving that office until this is fixed.  It might just be time to call my bank and do a back charge on my credit card and find another program.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem as other users.   Windows 10 64bin, Nitro Pro .0.7.425.    Nitro Pro frequently hangs for 20 seconds or more when scrolling through PDF's.   These are local documents some of are less than 200 KB in size.

This does not happen all the time but it was happening earlier morning and when I tried the same files later it did not happen.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @JohnKEng,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I already responded to the support ticket you submitted.

Cheers!

I've had same problem for a long time - have multiple paid copies of software - working on local hard drive for storage and only making minor modifications to a form or using enter text mode and get the freeze and hang up with the blue circle - nearly everytime i use the tool for more than 5-10 minutes - i am using Nitro Pro 11.0.7.425

We really need some help with this Nitro.

Rick

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Rick_M,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To fix this issue, refer to these steps:
1. Clear the content of the directory under C:\users\your_username\Appdata\local\temp. For whatever reason, not all temp files automatically remove themselves and is NOT usually caused by Nitro Pro files.

2. Download and run our Clean Up utility to uninstall your Nitro Pro: http://install.nitropdf.com/support/downloads/cleanup.zip

NOTE: This clean-up tool will erase any existing signature files within Nitro so please save them to another location before using the clean-up tool in order to keep them. Please see this link for backing up custom stamps/signatures: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/stamps/000001686

3. Extract the utility to the desktop (it doesn't always run from the zip)
4. Run the utility then reboot your machine.
5. Now manually check for left over registries from Nitro Pro (Run > regedit) and delete them. Make sure to save a backup before making any change. Reboot the machine again after deleting Nitro Pro traces.
6. Please clear all your downloads folder or delete all downloaded Nitro installers. This step is important because we noticed that if you are saving all the installers and you download them in the same folder (like the downloads folder), the EXE can pick up any MSI installed in that folder and you may pick-up one of the older builds instead of the newly downloaded package.

7. Download and install Nitro Pro 11.0.7.425 using offline installers:
64-bit http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1107425/en/burn/nitro_pro11_ba_x64.msi
32-bit http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1107425/en/burn/nitro_pro11_ba_x86.msi

If you are not sure which to pick, this will help: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/64/000001874

8. After installation, you can activate by opening Nitro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activation and entering your serial number.

Hope this helps!

AllainU,

As I stated in my prior post, I have had this issue since February 2016 and everyone else that has posted seems to also have the issue.  To date there has been no solution provided by Nitro, only statements that the problem is still not understood.  Yes, over two years and no solution to this issue.  Are you revealing that Nitro now has identified the cause of this issue and your response above is the solution that ALL OF US on this thread should apply?  Or do know something specific about Rick_M's case or are you completely uninformed on this issue and just throwing out random answers in the dark?  I'm afraid it is the latter.

And unrelated to this issue but on the topic of Nitro failing to fix really annoying issues, when will the Open, Computer, Recent Folders issue be addressed.  That most basic function has been broken for over a year with no improvement.  Also super annoying.

Nomde

leigh@bushsales.net

I too have been having this problem for two years.....  I have talked to Support too many times to count.  My solution was to stick with Nitro Pro 9 which still works without hangups.

I have tried both vers. 10. & 11  both free trials & paid versions.  

Upgraded from win7 to win10 added more memory.  Same problem every time.

It would be nice if the issue was fixed I need multiple licenses. 

I really need this issue to be resolved!

William Andrews

Found a Solution that Works for Me..

Change the compatibility  settings to "WINDOWS7"

I too have had an issue with Nitropdf pro hanging from 5 seconds to 20 or so seconds, for a long time.
appeared to overwhelm the Disk drive causing it to be at 100% usage. Also will hang up the Screen.
nothing will respond.

This has been the case even with versions 10.x. and Now versions 11.x   I have done everything suggested, but nothing seemed to work.
deleting temp files, using the cleanup program, reinstalling.

But Good News... Today, I decided to Change the compatibility  settings to WINDOWS7

This actually appears to have stopped all the hanging every few minutes.
Even with Huge files, and Small files.

My OS is Windows 7 SP1
My Current Nitro version 11.0.7.425

band

Band,

Thanks for sharing and congratulations on finding a solution on your own.

To what Compatibility Setting do you refer?  I can find nothing going by that name, no mention in help file, no mention in knowledge base.

Nomde

William Andrews

Nomde,

i am referring to Microsoft Windows compatibility settings.

On my computer, nitropdf placed a shortcut on my desktop.

i'm using Windows 7, so it might be different for you. But I 

right click my mouse, on the nitropdf shortcut, then left click

properties.

a property page will popup

left click compatibility

there is a check box

run this program in compatibility mode for:

Check this Box

from the pull down choose widows 7

i also checked Privilege Level to

Run this program as an administrator. (This may not be necessary. But my account has administrative privilege, so I really did not mind elevating the privilege) Doing this may pose a security risk... I'm just do not know

now left mouse click 

OK

Archived