Does the new version have the auto update or check for update feature enabled?

Narek Zohrabyan

Narek Zohrabyan

I just got an alert from my Glary Utilities that there is a new version of Nitro available. Does the new version have the auto update or check for update feature enabled?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Narek Zohrabyan,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

We highly recommend visiting below page in order to get the last build for your Nitro Pro 13 because we have received reports that Glarysoft Utilities could be seeing our Enterprise installer and what you have is our web version:

https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

Please visit this page from time to time because our product team has removed 'Check for Updates' feature several years ago.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.

• 1 month later...
Narek Zohrabyan
On 7/18/2021 at 5:39 AM, AllainU said:

Hello @Narek Zohrabyan,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

We highly recommend visiting below page in order to get the last build for your Nitro Pro 13 because we have received reports that Glarysoft Utilities could be seeing our Enterprise installer and what you have is our web version:

https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

Please visit this page from time to time because our product team has removed 'Check for Updates' feature several years ago.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.

What do you mean the web version? It is installed on my end both on my latop and office PC. This is not a cloud based software that I am using?

Why was the check for update feature disabled? It is not like it was replaced with an option to opt in for autoupdates or be reminded once there is an update. The only way for me to know is to either rely on third party programs such as Glary Utilities or constantly check the website. I'm betting on that the overwhelming majority of people are not checking the site on a regular basis.