SCCM install with license key

Calvin Lake

I have read over the documentation for deploying Nitro Pro. I can get SCCM to send out the program and it installs fine, however it is not automatically installing the license key. I used Orca to add the serial number in the NPSERIAL field to customize the MSI properties. It still did not work. Is there a document that goes over this in more depth? Also, where do I find the "Nitro Customization Wizard"?

Thanks,

Calvin

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Calvin Lake

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

We have a tool called Deployment Utility where you can customize the msi installation. The tool will create a MST file which you can use when deploying the software. 
Here's the link to the Deployment Utility and the Deployment Guide:

Deployment Utility - https://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13492993/deployment-tool/x32/Nitro_EnterpriseDeployment.exe   
Deployment Guide - https://cdn.gonitro.com/express/documents/product/Nitro_Pro_Deployment_Guide_v13_June+2020.pdf  

You can use the msiexec command to deploy Nitro PDF Pro along with the mst file. Here's an example of the msiexec command to deploy Nitro PDF Pro:

msiexec /i "C:\NitroDeployment\nitro_pro12_x64.msi" /qb TRANSFORMS="C:\NitroDeployment\nitro_pro12_x64.mst"

• msiexec /i - to run and install msi 
• nitro_pro12_x64.msi - filename of the Nitro msi installer
• nitro_pro12_x64.mst - filename of the msi file created using deployment utility
• C:\NitroDeployment\ - directory where the mst and msi files are stored
• /qb - quiet mode with basic UI. /qn for silent installation.
• TRANSFORMS - application of mst file during installation

You can create a bat file or check if there is an option for the SCCM to execute the msiexec.

Lastly, I noticed that you already have an existing support case related to deployment and activation. I recommend to direct your additional questions to that support case so we could better and further assist you. 

Kind regards,

• 10 months later...
Calvin Lake

The following is what I am typing in the "Installation program:" in SCCM:

msiexec /i "\\sccm19\Sources\_New_AppSource\Nitro Pro\nitro_pro13_x64 .msi" /qn NPSERIAL=<serialnumber>. This is not installing the software with the serial number.  Why?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Calvin Lake

The NPSERIAL will not work on msiexec command,  you will need to create a MST file to include the serial number then use the TRANSFORMS to call the mst file through msiexec.
Our Deployment Utility is available to create a MST file and the links to the installer depends on your license subscription.

Could you please confirm if this issue is still not resolved?

Kind regards,