"Quicksign" option no longer active on toolbar

Angelo Gasparri

Angelo Gasparri

I routinely use Quicksign from the "Home" toolbar.  It suddently is grayed out and unsuable.  I have opened several documents and I am unable to use it on any document.  Please advise. 

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Angelo Gasparri

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

The Quicksign tool will become grayed out if the document you open in Nitro PDF Pro has security and restrictions. 
You can see this information by going to File > Document Properties. Under Security tab section, you will see which actions are allowed and not. 

Here's an example:

The attached document 'TestDocument.pdf' has document restrictions. Opening it in Nitro PDF Pro will show that some of the tools, including the Quicksign is grayed out. 

TestDocument.pdf

The attached document 'TestDocumentWord.pdf' does not have document restrictions. When you open this in Nitro PDF Pro, you will see that the tools are enabled including the Quicksign. 

TestDocumentWord.pdf

Please check the documents you open in Nitro PDF Pro if they have restrictions. You can also download the PDF files attached to this post to see the difference between document with and without restrictions. 

Kind regards,

Edited by Reymund G.

• 1 year later...
Daphne Cilliers

I created the document (an NDA), sent it to someone who signed it with Docusign.  When they returned it, Quicksign is now disabled on my Nitro Pro.  How can I enable it again?

Daphne Cilliers
On 10/15/2021 at 7:52 AM, Angelo Gasparri said:

I routinely use Quicksign from the "Home" toolbar.  It suddently is grayed out and unsuable.  I have opened several documents and I am unable to use it on any document.  Please advise. 

I also use it frequently and after I sent an NDA to someone who used Docusign to sign it and send it back, now my Quicksign is disabled for this document.  

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Daphne Cilliers

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

They may have protected the document from any modification after signing.
Modification tools like QuickSign becomes disabled / greyed out if the document has is protected or secured. You can see which actions are allowed and not allowed through the Document Properties. See the steps below:

1. Open the signed document in Nitro PDF Pro. 
2. Go to File > Document Properties
3. Under Security tab, you will see which actions are allowed and not allowed.

Below is an example where some of the tools are disable due to the security applied in the document. 

image.thumb.png.cf65b96e23b84af2a728cdb7fcec6323.png

Kind regards,