Serial number changed? Version 12 now crashes constantly

Dean Ritz

Is my serial number for 12 Pro unchanged?  It seems that you support ticket system doesn't recognize it as correctly formatted but offers no advice on what to do.

Further, the "Check for updates" button returns "Update error!" (your exclamation point).

And I need support because version12 craps out every time on multiple computers (both M1 and Intel macs). So it's likely your fault.

If I have to buy an upgrade to get this to work then we're through. I see that v13 also is unstable. Never another $ to Nitro.  I'll stick with the Preview app.

Lastly, never received a drop of email about the purchase, what in store for me as a PDFPen Pro customers (for 6 years).

Dean

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Dean Ritz,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I have installed PDFpenPro v12.2.3, tried performing an update by clicking 'Checking for Update...' and did not receive an error but rather got this window:

1844981075_ScreenShot2021-10-20at6_38_12AM.thumb.png.84eabeed0b82743eb6d435cad4c82ca2.png

Could you please update your program by downloading the PDFpenPro v12.2.3 installer from https://pdfpen.com/support/other-versions/ and try again clicking 'Check for Updates...'? How did it go?

Lastly the latest build PDFpenPro v12, is the program still crashing?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.