Activation

js@awningworksinc.com

js@awningworksinc.com

I have Nitro Pro 12 and it just started saying trial has ended and wont let me use the software anymore. I have a valid serial number 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @js@awningworksinc.com,

Did the affected machine installed a major Windows Update prior to this issue?

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

If yes, kindly note upon the upgrade of the operating system or installing a major Microsoft update, the Computer ID is changed, as it is comprised partially by the operating system. Once changed, this will no longer recognize the original installation causing the program to revert to trial mode.

In order to further assist you, what build of Nitro Pro are you working with? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 12.XX.X.XXX, e.g. 12.16.9.574) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Lastly, please provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro 12 you are trying to activate?

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Having the same issue with licensed Nitro Pro 13 now showing as an expired trial. Deactivating via the portal then reactivating makes no difference.

Attempts to find a support email address are futile. The online support pages are circular and not helpful at all.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Bruce Weir,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and for the private message.

We are pleased to inform you that we have released recent builds that addresses this reverting to 'Expired Trial' issue so kindly update using below direct installers for the most updated build.

If you are working with MS Office x64-bit on Windows x64-bit system, have them updated to Nitro PDF Pro 13.50.4.1013:

x64 https://downloads.gonitro.com/professional_13.50.4.1013/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x64.msi 

If you have MS Office x32-bit on Windows x64-bit systems, we highly recommend updating to Nitro PDF Pro 13.47.4.957

x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13474957/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x64.msi 

Important: If you are using Chrome or any of the Chromium-based browsers (e.g., Vivaldi, etc.) and you are unable to access the above installer links, you're more than likely experiencing the results of a new security feature that was silently pushed out to the browsers, which blocks .exe/.msi/etc downloads without any visible error or prompt on the browser's frontend user space. In order to bypass this, please try these steps:

a. Right-click the link you're trying to download, and select "Save link as..."
b. Choose your save location and select "Save"
c. On the bottom edge of your browser window, the Downloads bar should now appear and the file will show up with a red error icon, attempting to block the download. Press the caret button and select "Keep"

After installation, you can activate by opening Nitro Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate by entering your serial number 50499x-xxxxxx-910126

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!

Thank you for the links and the additional information.

As recommended for use with MS Office x32-bit, Nitro PDF Pro 13.47.4.957 has been successfully downloaded and installed after uninstalling the existing version.

Initially activation failed on the new installation as I used the orange highlighted Activation prompt in the menu ribbon.
Activation was successful when following your instruction noted above, "you can activate by opening Nitro Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate by entering your serial number". This seemingly subtle difference is critical to a successful outcome.

Thank you for your assistance.