Selecting Text (⌘5) Tool To Enter Text Box Causes PDFpenPro To Stop Responding

Anthony Fedd

On far too many occasions on many different documents, selecting the text (⌘5) tool to enter a text box causes PDFpenPro for Mac (non-M1) to freeze and stop working resulting with the dreaded spinning beach ball.  If prior edits have not been saved, all is lost and is extremely frustrating.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Anthony Fedd

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

My apologies for the inconvenience this issue has caused. I've been testing this when I open and edit a PDF document using my PDFpen Pro and it appears to work fine without any sign of crashing or application not responding. My files are being accessed directly on the local drive. 

On your case, are the files being accessed on a network/shared drive? Or, only on local drive?

Could you please provide the version of your PDFPen Pro? You can see this information by clicking the PDFpenPro at the top left then select About PDFpenPro. 

Kind regards,

Good day Reymund,

I'm running PDFpenPro v13.1 on a 13" 2016 MacBook Pro running macOS 11.6.1.  The files that I process using PDFpenPro are from my downloads folder on the local drive.  Often the files will have been OCR'd, but not always, when the application quits responding after selecting Text (⌘5).  If I'm able to submit the file for your review, would that be helpful to solving the issue?  Additionally, would it be helpful, and if possible, to send a crash log?

Thanks,

Anthony