Nitro Pro Plus Outlook Plug-in keeps disabling itself on its own.

Michael Hettinger

Michael Hettinger

Hi all,

I am with NCH IT Support and am in need of some elevated assistance. 

I have three different users on three different computers (all laptops) where this is happening (all on the same domain). 

All three are running Windows 10 20H2 enterprise and have Nitro Pro Plus 13.49.2.993 installed.

I have confirmed that group policy is NOT causing the issue.

Here are the troubleshooting steps that I have tried already.

1. Uninstalled Nitro Pro Plus.

2. Removed all residual Nitro folders from App Data (Local & Roaming) and Program Files folders.

3. Delete the contents of the "Temp" folder in the user(s) Local App Data Temp folder(s).

4. Reinstalled Nitro Pro Plus and enabled the plug-in in Outlook and then re-started Outlook.

This HAS fixed the issue momentarily but usually within a day or two the plug-in ends up automatically disabled again.

Here are a couple of other things I have tried to troubleshoot.

1. The registry fix found here: 

https://help.encyro.com/article/160-outlook-addin-repeatedly-disappears-or-is-disabled-by-outlook

2. Tried updating the plug-in tools found via this link:

https://www.gonitro.com/user-guide/pro/article/support-tools

(Don't worry, these links work and are not malicious or spam).

None of this has worked in keeping the plug-in from disabling.

Any assistance with this would be GREATLY appreciated, thanks so much.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Michael Hettinger,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order to further assist you, is this only happening with MS Outlook or also with Word and Excel?

Are your users working with MS Office x32-bit on Windows x64-bit systems?

Lastly,  could you please provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro 13? To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello i have exactly this exact issue.

I have tried all the mentioned before and much more.

My end user is running Nitro Pro 13.50.4.1013

office 365 version 2102 (Build 13801.21050)

I have the The serial number if you need it. I really need to fix this 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Manuel Mesa,

Please provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro 12 by sending me a private message (hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'). This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.

Lastly, is your user working with MS Office x32-bit on Windows x64-bit systems? To find this information, please refer to the steps in this article:

https://www.howtogeek.com/288001/how-to-find-out-which-version-of-microsoft-office-youre-using/ 

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Juerg Anliker

Hi Michael

I' am new to Nitro Pro and have to maintain and support a vast number of Nitro Pro installations within our company.

Starting the packaging engineering to update our present installation  from Nitro Pro v13.31.0.605 to v13.50.4.1013 in Win10 20H2 and Office 365 current branch I experienced also that Microsoft Office 365 is disabling the Add-Ins during Office startup. 

Going to Nitro Pro Support with this issue I learned, that from the _v13.49.2.993 the Nitro Pro 64-bit edition has issues wit Microsoft Office 32-bit edition. This shoud be fixed in the v13.53 expected to be released shortly.

Hope this helps
Juerg

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Manuel Mesa,

Thank you for the private message.

We've identified a bug affecting installations of Nitro Pro 13 (versions 13.49 and 13.50) running on Windows x64-bit systems with x32-bit version of MS Office.

We are expecting to release an update within this week to correct this, but you will be able to restore this function by replacing the current version with the previous release (version 13.47.4.957), which you can find at the links below:

x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13474957/en/vlp/nitro_pro13_x64.msi 

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.

• 1 month later...
dmorgan@solomonitc.com

Is this still an issue? I have a user that is using 32bit Office (Outlook) on a 64 bit systems. The version of Nitro Pro is 13.31.0.605. I have uninstalled office and reinstalled. Repaired Nitro Pro, added the registry entry that someone listed above and it still shows up in the add ins. I check it and close and reopen outlook and it is unchecked again.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @dmorgan@solomonitc.com,

This has been fixed as per our Release Notes page https://www.gonitro.com/product-details/release-notes , however, could you please provide the serial number of your Nitro PDF Pro 13?

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.