Nitro Pro crashes at all open file command

Richard Mulholland

Richard Mulholland

The title says it all.

All of a sudden )today) when I try to open a file which I have opened on earlier occasions I get a cash report, which I some short time ago forwarded for attention.

Some of my files are large (47mb) but they opened yesterday.

I am not aware of any win10 or other updating.

My setup is nitro pro v 13.2.2.25...perpetual

Can I try to update NP to see if such will cure the problem.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Richard Mulholland

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

The 13.2.2.25 is an old build of Nitro PDF Pro 13 and the latest build at this point is 13.50.4.1013.

I recommend to update your installation to the latest build and observe if you still get the same crash issue. The installer for Nitro PDF Pro 13 (latest build) can be located from the following location:

https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads - Click the 'Download Nitro Pro 12' link 

To update, simply run Nitro PDF Pro 13 installer from the above link and this will automatically update your installation to 13.50.4.1013

Kind regards,

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @dave daub

In checking the license purchase under your email address, it's a version 7 license. Please note that we no longer support Nitro Pro 11 and older and its activation servers have been shut down. Thus, any new activation or deactivation attempts on these versions will no longer work. 

You can still use this license as long as you install the latest build of Nitro PDF Pro 12 which is 12.16.9.574. The installer can be located from the following location:

https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads - Click only the 'Download Nitro Pro 12' link

Once Nitro PDF Pro 12.16.9.574 is installed, you can activate it using your existing license. To activate, open Nitro PDF Pro then go to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate. Enter the serial number then click the Activate button. 

If you are interested to upgrade your license to the latest version with a discounted price, you can do the upgrade through our Online Upgrade Portal - https://www.gonitro.com/support/upgrade. After the upgrade, you will get a new serial number that will allow you to activate Nitro PDF Pro 13.

Kind regards,

Richard Mulholland
4 hours ago, Reymund G. said:

Hi @Richard Mulholland

The 13.2.2.25 is an old build of Nitro PDF Pro 13 and the latest build at this point is 13.50.4.1013.

I recommend to update your installation to the latest build and observe if you still get the same crash issue. The installer for Nitro PDF Pro 13 (latest build) can be located from the following location:

https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads - Click the 'Download Nitro Pro 12' link 

To update, simply run Nitro PDF Pro 13 installer from the above link and this will automatically update your installation to 13.50.4.1013

Kind regards,

Hi Reymund

Installation has 3 x failed.

I tried it 3 x times downloading from the link you provided it got to 79% and then always tells me "Nitro Pro Setup Wizard Failed"

You incorrectly told me (12) Click the 'Download Nitro Pro 12' link.

Have you provided the correct link.

Richard Mulholland

Further info:

my present Nitro Pro is at the following place. c-prog files-nitro-pro-13-x86

I also tried to place it there but it failed.

The new installation is trying to place it at c-prog files-nitro-pro-13.

Richard Mulholland

I am disappointed and annoyed at your lack of asssitance to my requests relating to NP crashing and pssibly your incorrect link for ver 12 to update my ver 13.

I am hopeful you can answer my question and solve the problem of my NP crashing.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Richard Mulholland,

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience. It was supposed to be 'Click Nitro Pro 13' link since your license is version 13. I mistakenly got the description mixed up.

I understand that the installation did not proceed and ended with Setup Wizard failed. Please try to install Nitro PDF Pro 13 using the offline MSI installer. Here's the direct download links to the MSI offline installer for Nitro PDF Pro 13:

64bit - https://downloads.gonitro.com/professional_13.50.4.1013/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x64.msi
32bit - https://downloads.gonitro.com/professional_13.50.4.1013/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x86.msi

Once installed, you can activate by going to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate. Enter the serial number then click the Activate button. 

Please let me know how the installation works for you using the offline MSI installer. 

Kind regards,

Edited by Reymund G.

Richard Mulholland

Reymund G

Thank you.

Where do I find my NP 13.2.2.25 licence key.

I have looked in NP 'Help-About' and all it seems to tell me is that the licence is Perpetual.

I cannot see a licence number.

Also when I do update it can I choose to use the 64bit system rather than the present x86 (32 bit??) version.

I have changed my computer since using NP

Regards

Richard

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Richard Mulholland,

Your version 13 serial number will work on all build of Nitro PDF Pro 13. I search for a license purchase under the email address you use in this post, however, I did not find one. 

If you purchased your Nitro PDF Pro license using a different email address, please provide it so I can search for the license purchase and determine your serial number. If you also have the invoice receipt, kindly provide the Order reference number. This will also help me locate your license purchase and look for the serial number. 

Regarding the installation, if your Windows OS is in 64bit system, I recommend to install Nitro PDF Pro 13 using the 64bit installer. 

Kind regards, 

Richard Mulholland

Hi Reymund G, I have used a number of email addresses since and before purchasing NP which I may indeed have purchased when I bought a desktop setup once or twice earlier.

Can I go into my Registration area of my present PC and find the serial number.

BTW I downloaded NP 13 64 bit today from your link but of course it is on a 14 day trial.

I need a PDF programme to work for me.

I will be happy to accept private messages from you if I am (or we are) taking up to much forum space.

Please assist.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Richard Mulholland

You can provide all the email addresses that you used when you purchased the license so we could search our records and determine the complete serial number. If you have access to your email addresses' inbox, try to search for the email that was sent after purchasing the software. Emails sent usually contains 'Your Nitro Productivity Suite order' in the subject line. 

The serial number will not completely appear in the software for security purposes. Part of the serial number are displayed in the Help tab > About Nitro Pro but it will not reveal the complete serial number.

Kind regards, 

Richard Mulholland

I expect I would have used the  address of:

*******@disney-villavacation.com

I would have loaded it onto my Florida USA desktop before closing that down (desktop & software) and then entering it onto my UK desktop.

I thank you for your assistance but this is unsupportable, I am reviewing Adobe Acrobat subscription or direct purchase.

Edited by Reymund G.

Richard Mulholland

I should have said (desktop & villa)

Also please remember I requested help for my NP ver 13 that had crashed and it would have been good f you could have repaired NP from crashing.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi 

I've been searching for a purchase records on our end and unfortunately, I did not find any when searching for @disney-villavacation.com and disney&villavacation.com. I have not included on this post the complete email for security purposes. 

When you purchase a license, we send an invoice receipt which contains the order reference number and the email address. 
You may try to search for an email using the keyword 'Nitro' and see if there's a result about the purchased license. 

Kind regards,

Richard Mulholland

Hi Reymund G

I think you and I should abandon this matter.

I may have purchased NP using my Brighthouse Florida email, which changed its name more than once for my zip code of 34746. That email information is not available to me in UK

It has annoyed me that I need to purchase another professional PDF editing program simply because my purchased NP suddenly stopped working.

I no longer have any belief in NP  accordingly I will purchase a PDF editor from another supplier.