Activation/Deactivation Woes

joe.shipley@jersey100.org

joe.shipley@jersey100.org

I deactivated a purchased license because I needed to rebuild my OS system, thinking I would be locked out otherwise.  I then reactivated after the rebuild.  No problem.

Now, I reinstalled the OS because I was moving to Win11 from Win10 thinking that would be the best thing to do.  Again, I deactivated.  Now I find out I can't use my license anymore.  Why should it matter how many times I deactivate and activate (like with Adobe)?  I didn't know this, and I think that this is deceptive.  I don't pirate software period.  However, now I can't use software I've paid for on a machine I've used it on before. 

What is a person who is a tinkerer and wants to deactivate and activate on a new build frequently to do?  I guess not use this product.  Very disappointed.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @joe.shipley@jersey100.org,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused. A single-user license can be activated on two machines, and if you need to move the software to a new machine or will update/reinstall the OS, it is a best practice to release/deactivate the license. 

The deactivation can be done within the software, by going to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Deactivate. If the machine is no longer accessible for deactivation, you can use our licensing portal to process the deactivation. Here's the link to the https://licenses.gonitro.com/prd/portal

Please provide your Nitro PDF Pro serial number so we could and assist you with this activation issue. Kindly include as well the error message you get when you attempt to activate the software.

Kind regards,