PDF docs won't open

Justin Poses

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Justin Poses

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I understand that Nitro PDF Pro freezes when you open any of your PDF documents. Have you tried repairing Nitro through the Windows Control Panel? If not, please repair your installation and see if this fixes the freezing issue. To repair, go to Windows Control Panel then open Programs and Features. Look for Nitro Pro, select it and click repair. 

If the issue persists, please provide the version and exact build of your Nitro PDF Pro. This information can be located under the Help tab > About Nitro Pro. 

Kind regards,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have a problem where all PDFs wont open in Nitro, even what i know to be clean ones from Docusign.  The error message (after it freezes for 45 seconds or so) says

".....could not be opened because its damaged and cannot be repaired"

Any ideas? I can open them all just fine in Adobe reader.  Also no issues combining pdfs to create one big one.  PC, Windows 10.  Ive used this product for many years and never had an issue, yes I have rebooted.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Rob Levy

Could you please provide the version and exact build of your Nitro PDF Pro installation? You can see this information under the Help tab > About Nitro Pro. 

Also, would you be able to share a sample document that is causing the issue and error message? 

Kind regards,