Deactivate license

Andrew Lane-Smith

Andrew Lane-Smith

My laptop was compromised and I have replaced the hard drive as a result.  I had Nitro Pro 12 on the old lap top and would like to install it on the new hard drive.  I have the original serial number. I downloaded the trial version, selected activation and entered my serial number. My serial number was located in the license data base for Nitro Pro 12.  It instructed that I select the Deactivate button.  When I did so, a message popped up saying that I must select a device to deactivate, but there was not option given to select a device for deactivating.  Could you provide some direction on how to complete this process to reinstall a licensed version of Nitro Pro 12.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Andrew Lane-Smith

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Your license was reset when it was migrated from old to new activation servers.
All the old serial numbers were migrated to the new activation server which can now be used to activate the latest build of Nitro PDF Pro 12. 

To successfully activate using your existing serial number, please ensure that you install the latest build of Nitro PDF Pro 12 which is 12.16.9.574.
To check which version and build is installed on your computer, launch the software then go to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro. 

If your version and build is not on 12.16.9.574, please uninstall then install Nitro PDF Pro 12.16.9.574 by downloading the installer from the following location: 

https://www.gonitro.com/product-details/downloads - click the 'Download Nitro Pro 12' link.   

Once Nitro PDF Pro  12.16.9.574, you should be able to activate using your existing license.
To activate, go to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate. Enter the serial number then click the Activate button.

Kind regards,