My Nitro pro 13 died after about 1 year

Julian Gonzales

Julian Gonzales

I tried to reinstall and can not. I am getting an error message: System Error, The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem..

I tried reinstalling twice and still get the same error message. 

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Julian Gonzales

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

The VCRuntime140.dll file is a Windows file that Nitro PDF Pro may use during the launch of the software but the file is a Windows component. A VCRuntime140.dll error indicates a problem with the 2015 version of the Visual C++ Redistributable and this issue is a general Windows issue, not specific to Nitro.

Please check which version of Visual C++ is installed on the computer through the Windows Control Panel.
If 2017 and 2015 versions are installed, there may be a conflict between these versions.

If you have full access to your machine, please perform the steps below that may potentially resolve this issue

1. Open the Programs and Features from Control Panel.
2. Uninstall the 2017 version of the C++ Redistributable, if that is installed on your System
3. Then from the link below, download and install the latest version of Visual Studio. Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 all share the same redistributable file.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads 

4. Restart the computer.

If your machine is governed by your IT team, I recommend to have them perform the above steps.

Kind regards,