Printer queue shows 15 documents waiting to be converted into .pdf files

Robert Payne

Robert Payne

This has been brewing for sometime but it has reached a point of needed assistance.

When I attempt to do a simple .doc to .pdf conversion OR a copy from non-Nitro .pdf to .pdf in Nitro, I get the request to save the file as well as save the .pdf to a location. When "Convert" is engaged, the system goes through its normal processes but DOES NOT create a .pdf document. Do not understand why but since there is no live customer support available for old timers like me (70 yrs old) I must seek support from a friendly person that can assist me.

My guess is that its something simple, but this is beyond my present expertise to resolve.

PLEASE HELP!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Robert Payne,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

For the sake of initial troubleshooting of this issue, we recommend that you repair your Nitro Pro. Please reboot your computer before and after running this repair to ensure that there are no ties to Nitro still active in the background. You may refer to this article: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/repair/000004603 

If Modify button is greyed-out, please refer to this screencast that will teach you how to go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Programs and Features and repair your Nitro Pro program or any application installed on your system: https://www.screencast.com/t/rvpUkq40c

If repairing didn't help, could you please provide the following?:

-Is this a new issue or has it occurred since after installing Nitro Pro? Any changes you are aware of before this happened (e.g. Windows Updates)?

-The serial number of your Nitro Pro. This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.

-Build of Nitro Pro are you working with. You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 12.XX.X.XXX, e.g. 12.16.9.574) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.

-Does this happen with every file or just with selected ones? Where are the files saved (local, a shared drive or an external drive) when you are trying to convert? Can you check if you have the same issue when the file is saved locally?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

Edited by Allain Umailin

Robert Payne
On 4/27/2022 at 8:47 AM, Allain Umailin said:

Hello @Robert Payne,

On 4/27/2022 at 8:47 AM, Allain Umailin said:

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

For the sake of initial troubleshooting of this issue, we recommend that you repair your Nitro Pro. Please reboot your computer before and after running this repair to ensure that there are no ties to Nitro still active in the background. You may refer to this article: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/repair/000004603 

If Modify button is greyed-out, please refer to this screencast that will teach you how to go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Programs and Features and repair your Nitro Pro program or any application installed on your system: https://www.screencast.com/t/rvpUkq40c

HELLO ALLAIN - PLEASE SEE RESPONSES BELOW IN BOLD CAPS. DID REPAIR AS YOU SUGGESTED - NO IMPROVEMENT - RECEIVE MESSAGE AFTER ATTEMPTS TO CONVERT: "The PDF creation process was cancelled by the user".  I WILL ATTEMPT TO REMOVE AND REINSTALL THE PDF CREATOR AND SEE IF THAT WORKS. IF NOT, THEN IT MAY BE TIME TO GO BACK TO ADOBE ACROBAT.

If repairing didn't help, could you please provide the following?:

-Is this a new issue or has it occurred since after installing Nitro Pro? Any changes you are aware of before this happened (e.g. Windows Updates)? THIS IS A NEW ISSUE WHICH STARTED ABOUT A MONTH AGO - AUTOMATIC WINDOWS UPDATED FROM MS HAVE OCCURRED

-The serial number of your Nitro Pro. This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones. 234600-xxxxxx-984135

-Build of Nitro Pro are you working with. You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 12.XX.X.XXX, e.g. 12.16.9.574) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features. 12.16.9.574

-Does this happen with every file or just with selected ones? Where are the files saved (local, a shared drive or an external drive) when you are trying to convert? Can you check if you have the same issue when the file is saved locally? EVERY FILE SELECTED FOR CONVERSION (WORD, EXCEL, ETC); FILES ARE SAVED TO MY LOCAL C:/ DRIVE

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

Edited by Allain Umailin
Hid key 234600217218984135

Robert Payne

ONE MORE ISSUE ALLAIN:

I cannot login as the Administrator using my original e-mail address as I have somehow lost my Password. Have requested under "Forget my Password" option in order to reset a new one but have never received an email from Nitro at my address. THus, I am unable to do anything as an Admin with respect to my account. can you help with this?

The lack of phone support for individual users is beginning to wear thin on my desire to stay at Nitro. Love the product, but hate the fact that I must do this in order to get any kind of help.

Robert Payne

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Robert Payne,

I have executed a password reset to your Nitro Sign account so please check your Inbox and your Spam/Junk folders.

In regard to the conversion issue you initially reported, let us try some troubleshooting by referring to these steps:

1. Download and run our Clean Up utility to uninstall your current Nitro Pro and reboot your machine:

http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12169574/install-cleanup/install-cleanup.zip 

NOTE: This clean-up tool will erase any existing signature files within Nitro so please save them to another location before using the clean-up tool in order to keep them. Please see this link for backing up custom stamps/signatures: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/stamps/000004509 

2. After rebooting, download and install the latest version of Visual Studio (vc_redist.x64.exe & vc_redist.x86.exe) then reboot again your machine. Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022 all share the same redistributable files:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

3. Clear all your Downloads folder or delete all downloaded Nitro installers. This step is important because we noticed that if you are saving all the installers and you download them in the same folder (like the downloads folder), the EXE can pick up any MSI installer in that folder and you may pick-up one of the older builds instead of the newly downloaded package.

4. Download and install Nitro Pro 12.16.9.574 using the installer from this page:
https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads 

If you are getting the "Nitro Pro Wizard has failed" message using our .exe package, it is because it requires a stable Internet connection to download installation files so please use our offline English MSI packages:

x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12169574/en/retail/nitro_pro12_ba_x86.msi
x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12169574/en/retail/nitro_pro12_ba_x64.msi 

To know if you have 32-bit or 64-bit Windows system, please refer to this article:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/15056/windows-32-64-bit-faq 

Important: If you are using Chrome or any of the Chromium-based browsers (e.g., Vivaldi, etc.) and you are unable to access the above installer links, you're more than likely experiencing the results of a new security feature that was silently pushed out to the browsers, which blocks .exe/.msi/etc downloads without any visible error or prompt on the browser's frontend user space. In order to bypass this, please try these steps:

a. Right-click the link you're trying to download, and select "Save link as..."
b. Choose your save location and select "Save"
c. On the bottom edge of your browser window, the Downloads bar should now appear and the file will show up with a red error icon, attempting to block the download. Press the caret button and select "Keep"

5. After installation, you can activate it by opening Nitro Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate by entering your serial number.

6. Turning off User Account Control (UAC) for Nitro Pro 12. Here are two methods that you can follow:

a. Right-click the Nitro shortcut > Properties > Compatibility > Turn off any settings there.

b. 
   i. Right-click > Troubleshoot Compatibility > Troubleshoot Program
   ii. Check "The program requires additional permissions" > Next > Test the program...
   iii. Wait for the program to launch > Next > Yes, save these settings for this program > Close

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.

Robert Payne

Thank you Allain for the password update and for your recommendations.

Please help me with info on Visual Studio - what is it and what does it do?

Look forward to hearing from you - I will revert once I execute your recommendations.

Thanks again,

Robert Payne

Edited by Allain Umailin

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Robert Payne,

In some random incidents, programs are not performing as designed because of having an outdated Visual Studio on their machines which is why I have added that in the steps above.

Thank you for your patience and please let us know how it goes on your end.

Robert Payne
On 5/2/2022 at 1:35 PM, Allain Umailin said:

Hello Allain:

Your suggestions of 5/2 on re-downloading Nitro Pro 12 were followed and I successfully downloaded the product on 5/9 - IT IS WORKING PERFECTLY SO FAR!

THANK YOU ALLAIN SO MUCH for your assistance and advice!! Hopefully Nitrp Pro 12 will stay working for the duration until upgrade time to Nitro 13!

ONE MORE THING - The link you sent on 5/2 for the reset of my password as the Admin of my account expired - can you please reset the link once again so that I can do the password change? Thanks again.

Robert Payne

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Robert Payne,

Another password reset have been executed to your Nitro Sign account so please check you inbox and Spam/Junk folder.

Cheers!