Serial Number Not Recognised

Tom Lamb

Hi there

I have recently changed computers. I deactivated Nitro Pro 13 on my old laptop and tried to activate on my new laptop. 

I first signed up for Nitro in 2017 and have paid over the years to upgrade to newer versions. The problem is, my (original) serial number is stated as not recognised. Out of interest I tried to reactivate on my old laptop using the serial number and it also says not recognised. Cleverbridge recognises my serial number and confirms that it is not active on any laptop, although weirdly it recognises it as a v12 when I paid last year to upgrade to v13.

I wonder if this is a legacy issue caused by the fact I have been a customer for a long time and don't have a Nitro Pro 13 serial number? 

Looking for some prompt help as I am a business user and now don't have nitro on either machine.

Many thanks

Tom 

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Tom Lamb

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Support for Nitro Pro 11 and older is already discontinued and its activation servers have been shut down. Thus, any new activation or deactivation attempts on these versions will no longer work. However, serial number from old versions were transferred to the new activation server, allowing it to activate the latest build of Nitro PDF Pro 12 which is 12.16.9.574

To continue on using your existing license, please install Nitro Pro 12.16.9.574 by downloading the installer from the following location:
https://www.gonitro.com/product-details/downloads - click the 'Download Nitro Pro 12' link. 

Once Nitro PDF Pro 12.16.9.574 is installed, you can activate by going to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate. Enter your serial number then click the Activate button. 

Kind regards,

8 hours ago, Reymund G. said:

Greetings @Tom Lamb

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Support for Nitro Pro 11 and older is already discontinued and its activation servers have been shut down. Thus, any new activation or deactivation attempts on these versions will no longer work. However, serial number from old versions were transferred to the new activation server, allowing it to activate the latest build of Nitro PDF Pro 12 which is 12.16.9.574

To continue on using your existing license, please install Nitro Pro 12.16.9.574 by downloading the installer from the following location:
https://www.gonitro.com/product-details/downloads - click the 'Download Nitro Pro 12' link. 

Once Nitro PDF Pro 12.16.9.574 is installed, you can activate by going to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate. Enter your serial number then click the Activate button. 

Kind regards,

Hello Reymund

Thank you for your message but it is not a suitable solution to my issue. 

As I said in my message I paid last year to upgrade to Nitro Pro 13. What you are suggesting would mean that I have access to Nitro Pro 12. I have been using Nitro Pro 13 with no issues on my old laptop until I tried to transfer the serial number. Now I can't use it on either machine.

Can you please provide a solution that gives me access to Nitro Pro 13.

Many thanks

Tom

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Tom Lamb,

My apologies if I misunderstood.
In checking your email address for license purchase records, the last purchase I see was from 2017 which is a version 11 license.

Please provide the serial number you used to activate Nitro PDF Pro 13 so we can verify it.
If you used a different email address when you upgraded to version 13 last year, please provide the email address so we can search of the purchase record.

Kind regards,

Hi Reymund

Thanks for the response.

I am struggling to find the serial number from the upgrade to Nitro Pro 13. All I can find is the invoice from when I paid for the upgrade last year, which I forwarded on to our Practice Manager, but not the email where I received the invoice. So I don't seem to have anything with the serial number on it.

The invoice is dated 7 April 2021 and has reference 26******* and is invoice number AKD-73********. The invoice is addressed to me but it only has my office address, no email address stated. I cannot work out how to attach the file unfortunately, so I hope this information helps you locate it. 

My purchase in 2017 was serial number 234***-******-****** but I presume you can see that one already.

I hope this helps and thanks in advance for your assistance. 

Kind regards

Tom

Edited by Reymund G.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hello @Tom Lamb

I have hidden some of the details you sent on this post for protection. 
I was able to find the Nitro PDF Pro 13 license using the provided order reference number. 

I've sent you a direct message about this license and how you can use it again. Please check on it.

King regards,

Reymund that has worked a treat. Thank you for your help.

I obviously used a different business email address for the upgrade and despite searching all accounts for some reason I couldn't find the relevant email.

Thank you for your assistance, it is greatly appreciated.

All the best

Tom