PDF crashing on Nitro Pro 12, but opening with no issue on Nitro Pro 10

Janet Rigo

Janet Rigo

I have a 100mb+ .pdf document that I previously had no issues opening, editing, and modiyfing in Nitro Pro 10. Ever since upgrading to Nitro Pro 12, the software crashes upon opening this file. The file opens with no issue inside of Chrome, Edge, Adobe Acrobat Reader, and Nitro Pro 12, and is happening on both my old computer, my new computer, and another computer I have for testing. I have attempted the following:

1. Installing with and without the offline installer file, which I acquired from another forum.
  2. Running the cleanup tool and performing a fully clean install, restarting in between (I did this task after every single reinstall).
  3. Removing my antivirus software, and ensuring that Nitro Pro can reach through the firewall.
  4. Comparing the preferences between Nitro Pro 10 and 12, and ensuring that they are congruent.
  5. Reinstalling all Visual Studio C++ Redistributable files, both x64 and x86
  6. As a long shot, I also disabled the Thumbnail Viewer as mentioned in this forum post.

For some more information:

• The file is located on my local drive (the same drive as my Windows install and my Nitro PDF install), in a folder with full permissions. To ensure this, as a troubleshooting step, I have set the security of the folder to allow the 'Everyone' group to have full control.
  • I am using the latest version of Nitro Pro 12 - 12.16.9.574
  • I am running Windows 10, with the newest updates.

Without this functioning properly, we cannot work at full capacity, as it has forced me to use a slower machine for the sake of editing this particular document. Please let me know if there is anything else I can try.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Janet Rigo,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Looking at you purchase history, you purchased a Nitro PDF Pro 13 with serial number 504947-xxxxxx-007855 last January 2020. 

Have you tried opening the same document on the computer with this newer version? How did it go?

Lastly, how was this PDF file created and what software was used before editing it using your v10 and v12?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.