M1 Mac mini pdf plen pro doesn’t render

Derek Robinson

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Derek Robinson,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you, could you please provide me with the following?:

-Is this a new issue or has it occurred since after installing PDFpen Pro 13? Any changes you are aware of before this happened (e.g. Mac Updates)?

-Is this not rendering issue just happening with a single PDF? If yes, how was this file with checkered background created and what software was used (e.g. from an external source like a website, from an email message, or an internal application/reporting tool)?

Lastly, could you please send over a few sample PDF files so I can perform some tests on our end?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

Derek Robinson

Hi Allain,

Thanks for picking this up.

I had v13 on an iMac before last December and don't recall any issues. I got the Mac Mini M1 in December and it's been like that with PDF pen since then.

Typically I open a pdf at start of day and we get the thumbnails and one full render. Sometimes it freezes but today I noticed pages rendered after a wait. Then next one stopped

Closing and reopening works then after a few openings, it stops.

It appears on all types of pdfs; some I've created, some I've downloaded.

You'll need to explain how I can send you some pdfs as I only seem to have image options on this page

Thanks again

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Derek Robinson,

Thank you for this information and since it is happening with most of your PDF files, let us try some troubleshooting by referring to these steps:

a. Perform Software Update through System Preferences.

b. In 'View Registration', take note of your license then delete it. 

c. To uninstall PDFpen Pro, drag the PDFpen/Pro application icon to the Trash.

d. For complete removal, also move to the Trash then restart your device

[Home] / Library / Containers / com.smileonmymac.PDFpenPro

e. Reinstall 'PDF Pro for Mac' by redownloading the installer from our page https://pdfpen.com/download/ 

f. Reactivate the program using the same license key 2F76FAEE-xxxxxxxx-yyyyyyyy-zzzzzzzz-AB3672AA

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.

Derek Robinson

Thanks very much.

Is there another download site? I'm getting messages that files are missing from the app and I need to download again.

I've downloaded three times now.

Regards