Migration from PDFPen Pro 13.1 to Nitro PDF Pro 13.2

Kevin C

Hi, 

I was trying to migrate my PDFpen Pro 13 license and settings to Nitro PDF Pro 13.2 using the tool I found at https://www.gonitro.com/pdfpen-to-nitro-migrator

I currently have both apps installed on my system, with PDFpen Pro fulling functioning, but Nitro PDF Pro in demo mode.

When run the migration app, I get the following error:

Error: Can't find source Library folder for com.smileonmymac.PDFpenPro

What can I do? Do I need to switch to Nitro PDF Pro to get the most recent version? PDFpen Pro still says the latest version is 13.1, not 13.2.

Thank you.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Kevin C,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and our sincere apologies for the delay.

Could you please first activate your 'Nitro PDF Pro 13.x' then run again our migration tool? How did it go?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

Hi, Thanks for answering. Can I activate Nitro PDF Pro 13 with my PDFpen Pro 13 license?

Migrating my settings, etc. would be helpful, but my concern is transferring the license, as it seems that the current version of PDFpen Pro is 13.1, while Nitro PDF Pro is 13.2.

I was under the impression that the Nitro version is just the rebrand of PDFpen, so I was assuming this was the way to get the newer version. Thanks again for your help.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Kevin C,

Yes, you should be able to activate on both versions using the same license key.

Afterward, please run again the migration tool and let us know it goes.

Cheers!