Clickable Google maps link works in Adobe but not in Nitro PDF Pro

Annemarie Rom-Weisenbach

Annemarie Rom-Weisenbach

Hello,

My company receives PDFs with some location info that can be accessed using clickable links embedded in the document. When viewing the PDF in Acrobat, clicking the link opens up a browser tab showing the Google Maps of that location.

We just purchased Nitro PDF and when I try to do the same thing, I get an error. I view the file in Nitro PDF Pro, click the URL link, a browser tab opens up showing Google Maps but that says it can't find the location. 

I have snips of what's happening but I can't paste them here. I don't have a URL to upload them from. How can I show examples?

Annemarie Rom-Weisenbach

Since I can't post any screenshots, I'll just have to use text copy/paste.

An example of a clickable link would be this: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=35.455194,-119.106032&iwloc=A &hl=en

In Acrobat, clicking the link opens up a tab with Google Maps with those coordinates.

In Nitro Pro, clicking the link opens up a tab with this message: 

Partial match
35.455194BAKERSFIELD

Showing results for 35.455194BAKERSFIELD. No results found for 35.455194BAKERSFIE.

Any thoughts on what's going on? I look forward to hearing from someone.

Thanks for your help!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Annemarie Rom-Weisenbach,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order to further assist you, what build of Nitro Pro are you working with? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 13.XX.X.XXX, e.g. 13.58.0.1180) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Lastly, could you please provide us a sample PDF file you are working on? To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Annemarie Rom-Weisenbach

Hi Allain,

My build is 13.58.0.1180 (I'm a brand new user as of about 2 weeks ago)

I can't provide a sample since this is company sensitive info. Is there anything I can check for you in the document?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Annemarie Rom-Weisenbach,

As much we as would like to assist you, the option is to redact sensitive information in the document and send us a copy so we can perform some tests on our end.

To user Redact tool, please refer to this article https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/redact/000004470

To send a copy of the document via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• 3 weeks later...