Activation buttons don't function

Patrick Bouvry

Patrick Bouvry

My Nitro PDF Pro 13 has disactivated itself - unknown why.

The activation buttons both on the message and in the help tab do not work (nothing happens).

The NitroPDF activation support "Submit a ticket" web page keeps sending us back in circle.  No other support option appears to exist other than posting here.

What can I do to re-activate my license?

Patrick Bouvry

Found that I need to reinstall the software.
Nitro PDF has gotten waaay more expensive, support has fallen drastically, and perfectly good old licenses are no longer activatable. 
Very disappointed how NitroPDF has grown into a mismanaged cash cow delivering poor services.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello Patrick,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I understand you need help with activation, I'd be glad to assist you.

Can you please let me know what error message you're getting? A screenshot will be very helpful.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Patrick Bouvry

Thanks for your response.  I found that the problem is fixed when I reinstall the software.  It doesn't help to clarify what caused the automatic deactivation, but does solve the problem.  Good luck continuing your customers.  I hope you can forward my comments above to your team so that Nitro can stop the downward spiral towards mediocrity.
Regards, Pat

Stephen Jenkins

My hard drive went south, and so I'm reloading all the software onto a new drive.  I still had a serial number for a version 12 Nitro Pro, but the system refuses to accept it with any of the versions I can download.  The last version I was using was 13.2.6.26 (and it still works on a backup drive) but I don't have a complete serial number for it.

Like the comment above, try to start a ticket and you go in a circle.  BTW, I'm a retired programmer.

Stephen Jenkins

I found a solution to my problem of not having any documentation for my last upgrade of Pro-13.  I was able to find the version number on my backup clone, and then got brave and did a regedit search for "serialnumber" and after going through several hits, it landed on one labeled for Nitro!

I was able to copy the number from that registry entry, and reboot to the new drive, then copy if from a file I saved on the backup clone, low and behold IT WORKED!

Patrick Bouvry

Amazing.  So users have to be programmers and know how to retrieve hidden serial numbers in the registry in order to use the software they purchased.
Great business plan to piss off your clients Nitro !  Way da go! (a long way) 

Soon, you'll have joined Adobe in your anti-customer practices.  Well done.