Error message: "You can't open this location using this program."

David Mullin

David Mullin

I use Nitro Pro 13, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft OneDrive.  

When I try to convert a Word doc to Nitro, I get the following error message: "You can’t open this locution using this program. Please try a different location." If I click OK, the error message disappears and I can convert the doc to Nitro.

But it's annoying to have to click OK every time I try to convert a Word doc to Nitro.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @David Mullin,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order to further assist you, what build of Nitro Pro are you working with? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 13.XX.X.XXX, e.g. 13.58.0.1180) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Is this a new issue or has it occurred since after installing Nitro Pro? Any changes you are aware of before this happened (e.g. Windows or Microsoft Updates)?

Lastly, is the same error message also appearing when converting an Excel document or just with a particular Word file?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

David Mullin

In answer to your questions:

1. Build = Nitro Pro 13.58.0.1180
  2. I've used Nitro for several years. The only recent change is that I stopped using Dropbox and started using OneDrive to store my docs.
  3. I do NOT get the error message when converting Excel files to Nitro. Only in Word.

Let me know.

Thanks!