Redaction Issues

Luis Rosa

Hi. Having issues with redacting. I highlight areas to redact and when I apply the redaction it's redacting other parts of the document that I did not select, at times entire pages, making the document ilegible. Any steps I can take to troubleshoot this issue? Thank you.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello Luis,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

So that we can troubleshoot the problem, please provide me with the following:

- A detailed description of the issue you are experiencing
- The file you are working on (or an extracted page on that file that you are okay to share with us, that still shows this issue.)
- What exact version of Nitro you are using. You can find this information by opening Nitro. Go to the Help tab, then click About Nitro Pro.
- Your specific step by step workflow so we can replicate this on our end
- A screen shot of what you are seeing or any error message you are receiving

I look forward to your response.

Hi Leslie. Thank you for your response. Here are my answers:

-I want to redact social security numbers and bank account numbers from tax returns in PDF format. When I mark these numbers for redaction, whether it's highlighting each or using the OCR feature, the document becomes completely ilegible after I see a message that says "removing invisible text". The end result is that I cannot redact any information from documents.

-Happy to share a document, but I don't see an option to attach it here, please advise.

-Version is Nitro Pro 13.50.4.1013

-Specific steps are: Go to "review" click on "OCR" then "make searchable and editable" then "protect" then "search and redact" then "redact all marks".

-Screenshot not able to paste here either, asks to insert using URL. Should I share via Dropbox or something like that or can I email them to you?

Thank you.